Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Alumacrafty
113 Posts
Understand wanting to fish alone. The freedom to fish where and how you want. Just wear a good life jacket and attach the transmitter in the below attachment. Think of your loved ones if something did happen.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I fished off shore deep for years alone and caught better fish . Got tired of baby siting . You just need to be smart , know your boat, plenty of safety items in case of disaster, a bail out kit to grab beside you not in the cabin. Think . How many people just sit back and ride without looking for those logs old gas cans ect; floating in the gulf that could ruin your day.

·
Banned
13 Posts
We had a guy out of Gulf Breeze last year that was lost at sea. His boat was found off of the Mexican coast. He left on his birthday in the morning to go fish and never came back. He had a capable 30+ Boston Whaler. I don't think they ever found him.

·
US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
2,911 Posts
Yup, and if he took his buddy or buddies, they all would be missing. It's just a chance we all have to take when we go out there.
I personally go by myself, occassionally will take a friend tho. I also bring my (almost) 5' ice cooler. If I sink, I'm dumping my fish and my happy ass will be inside that ice cooler. j/s

·
DROP TINE BUCK
5,864 Posts
Inshore no problem, offshore never again for me. I done it once and the uneasy feeling I had the whole time was too great. This particular day I went trolling and all I could think about was falling overboard and my boat leaving me..... I wore kill-switch and life jacket the whole time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 48 of 48 Posts