Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
I have never bought reels off ebay before but i have bought other items there before. just make sure to read all the fine print in the auctions before you bid

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Jurys In (11/10/2009)I BUY ALOT OF REELS OF EBAY. ALWAYS BUY NEW. CHECK OUT MARLINMANIACS-2009 ON EBAY. ALWAYS GOT GREAT DEALS
i agree. all the new stuff comes with no worries. great deals.

·
Registered
8,265 Posts
I used to buy and sell a few things on E-Bay periodically. I quit selling when they started requiring that you accept PayPal.

I bought a stock for a Marlin Camp 9 a couple of months ago. That was the first transaction I've had in a couple of years.

Good deals can be had if you want to spend the time looking.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Heck yeah on buying reels on ebay. Bought Penns, Daiwa shorelines,even bought my bass boat motor on ebay !! ALWAYS check the shipping charges BEFORE bidding. I always like to ask the seller a question just to make sure they are legit.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Only sold Penn Reels on Scambay.... Got very good prices for them, All greens.

I have always received my items, if its been fraudulently sold I send email tothe seller even if it is NO RETURNS..... If its not represented as you read it then its not what you bought and void in my eyes.

I have been burned once for 309 bucks!

I have been nervous over 500 bucks for stuff....

I have always had a great experience and its a suoper place to find a needle in a haystack!

I will say if you get a paypal account make sure its a NEW bank account not your Bill paying account incase its hacked. Also get a paypal debit card so when people pay you can make a trip to wally world and snatch it out instantly so they dont hold your funds! Never keep more than 20 bucks in the account linked to the paypal account!

Cuts down on fraud and you losing!

Steve

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Been buying (and sometimes selling) on E-Bay since the late 90's........... Only one or two snags, and have heard I am lucky if that's all the problems I've had. I go to the sellers feedback, andread over them for mixed reviews (I will NOT purchase anything no matter how good a deal it might be with dealer feedback of less that 98%). Also look at the return policy's, length of time for a return, who pays shipping back and forth, ect.... Have gotten some really good deals on there, a few marginal ones to. If your ever interested in a high dollar item, make sure you ask pointed questions. Never leave anything to assumption. Don't think your driving the seller nuts. If he takes offense to a lot of questions, he either has no business selling on a on line auction or he's hiding something (my experience and opinion). Good luck out there. T

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great place for those rare items. Always had good luck but "buyer be aware". evil bay has helped me restore an old car, parts that are unavailable anywhere.

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
I do not and will not ever support the buying of tackle from ebay. It has fast become the online pawn shop of thieves and its very hard to trace the origins of whats on there. Several of my regular customers who have had stuff stolen from them have seen their stuff on there later down the road. How they know its theres I have not gotten into but I know with my experience with what I ownI can pick a rod and reel of mine out of a lineup of 50 of the same models. I've had a good bit of tackle stolen from me and for that reason I will always do whatever I can in not supporting thieves.

ONE EXCEPTION is buying new tackle from their online stores. A little more security there.

·
Registered
9,229 Posts
My experience with E-bay has been excellent. Been buying and selling since they first came online. This AM I filled my first complaint against a seller for no communication in 11 days and had it resolved in less than 24 hours with a complete refund. As for the disgruntled Paypal poster It's the best thing you can do on E-Bay. Paypal will stand behind you all the way with any problem you have. And everything has gotten better in the last years for communicating with Paypal and E-bay as they are both part and owned within E-Bay. Yes there are some scams just read the sellers feedback and carefully read all of the listing information.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have purchased reels off ebay. There are some good deals. Be very sure to read all of the information the seller puts on the listing. I have had good luck. I guess the advise is to know what you want and all of the tech info about the item before you start bidding.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I have bought and sold over 200 items on ebay over the years. Great place to find hard to get items, and also sell hard to find items.

A kickstand off of a 86 yz 490 dirtbike will get you #20, because there is someone in this world that needs one.

And oof or die. Type in a searcch for safety harness. I don't buy mine new...you can get em for $40 bucks, less than half price on ebay.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
great responses, thank you guys. I have been checking the seller feedback rating, and I make sure I read the ENTIRE page before I bid on something. The three reels Ive ordered are from seller's with 100% positive feedback, and two are preferred sellers, or whatever that ribbon title is. So far as Paypal being hacked, does that happen?? Has anyone had funds STOLEN through a PayPal account??

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I just sold my first two reels on ebay over the weekend. Ebay and paypal fees killed my profit. I wasn't trying to make much $$ but dang. I'd much rather sell by word of mouth or off my website. I don't see how selling items for under $50 could be good for the seller???

My biggest purchase from ebay was a shrimp trawl.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #1f5080; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">I'm always leery about buying sight unseen and pics to me are still sight unseen; I've seen the marvels of modern day photography. I've used Craig's lista lot; problem is if you're selling you have to price the item to move. If I'mbuying I stay local so I can go see it. But be careful of the scams; both EBay and Craig's list are full of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts