Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a rod to throw jigs at cobia April and may, pitch live baits to tarpon in the heat of summer and sling jigs at busting blackfin or mahi I'm early fall. Anyone have something they use for all of these?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
There are actually several options that will do all of what you described pretty well.
Do you have a length in mind? And how much are you wanting to spend?
that will narrow down the search a bit.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7-7'6" with a short rod but since I'll be in a yak. Lower price again because I will be in a yak and don't want to yardsale a $300 rod In the surf. So around 150. would even consider getting someone to build one just have no clue what that price would be.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so 7'6 it is. That's what I was hoping to hear was some specs from those of you who have more experience than I do. I like the teremar I just can't find it heavy enough without going to an 8 ft and that has a real long rod butt. Any specific rods that are similar

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
There was a guy in Pace that built rods. He does a really great job. Reasonable also. Can't remember his name. Hopefully someone on here can remember. I think his name was Rocky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts