Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yesterday the 18 i was in my section on our club i have a beaver dam in the lower corner in the swamps and it was warm enough to give it a try . figured a pair of water boots would work after they filled up with water gave up and walked to section with rubs all over and leaned against tree was waist deep . had 1 doe came by and that was it unfortunately .the wierd thing is how she stared at me curiosity like she did not know what to think. it was cold call it dedication or desperation i think a lil of both but i wanted that big boy ive been after maybe muzzle thats a wait and see. any body else ever try this method and get same response ?

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
I'd say if you were still, she didn't see you (or recognized what she thought she saw). She most likely smelled you.

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,543 Posts
I don't know, I can't say I have ever tried to swim up on one with a spear gun.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
have had them walk by while we are waiting for legal shooting light for duck hunting some of our flooded timber spots. a friend of mine seen the biggest deer he has seen in a long time this year duck hunitng. needless to say he walked to about 25 yards of him, both were in the water now, and his gun snapped!!.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd guess you were just still. Yesterday I was sitting in a dry area on the Escambia, back against a log, waiting for hogs, and a doe showed up in the clearing. It was early morning, and I know she could see my breath. She stamped a few times, stared right at me. For about 20 minutes, she'd eat, then stare at me,then eat some more. Finally, she started ignoring me completely... wandering from 10 to 40 feet from me. I think my breath and sunglasses were what she was looking at, everything else was camo and not moving. Anyway, she stayed there in the clearing for about 2 hours... I didn't twitch a finger, and she knew I was there, but I doubt she knew what I was.

I just wish she'd been a sow instead of a doe:doh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts