Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks just wanted to let you guys know about a good experience I had at one of our local owned shops. I've shopped at Dizzy Lizzy's for a while now and have usually picked up little things like lures, bait etc and even an offshore rig I got earlier this year. I've never had a problem with anything. I've been wanting a custom Spanish Mack rod for a while now but don't know jack about rod building so I decided to go talk to Steve, the owner of Dizzy Lizzy's. I described what I was looking for in the rod I wanted and Steve walked right over to one of his racks and pulled off a custom rod he had made for just the type of fishing I wanted it for. It was the perfect weight and balance and cast perfectly (as I found out later). When I was checking out I got my total and handed over my card without a question. While ringing me up, Steve realized he had hit an extra button or something. He fixed the error that I probably never would have caught and saved me quite a bit on a custom rod that was already a great deal. By the way for you Pomp fishermen-he's the only person I have found locally that sells the Docs Goofy Jigs, those things work friggin awesome! Anyway with all this BP crap happening, I wanted to get the word out about a great and knowledgable local shop owner with good products that stands by everything he sells.:thumbup:

·
Registered
104 Posts
I stopped by there for the first time back in early June, looking for those Goofy Jigs. He came out and we chatted like old friends. He took the time to point out several things I needed to know about the jigs as well as how to rig them.

When I walked out I realized, he didnt treat me like most other shops...Like the next dollar bill walking in the door. He certainly secured return trips from me.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stopped by Dizzys a few times found them extremely friendly and helpful. Bought my anchor pin there too, great purchase.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's located at 2801 E. Cervantes, just east of the Bayou Texar Bridge. With Steve's prices and know-how its worth a look.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I have been using Dizzy Lizzys since I moved here over a year ago. I also now order all my offshore and blue water stuff from Steve. He gets what I want quickly, and I get better prices than Academy. I know the oil spill is hurting his business, so I encourage all the locals in the area to help him out.

·
Reel Insurance
3,789 Posts
I agree with everyone here. I have bought rods, reels, and more tackle than i can keep track of from Steve at Dizzy's. Hell, i sometimes just go by there after work if i have time to burn, and want to get away from the wife, and talk fishing or politics. He even sold me my first FlyRod that i am now addicted to.. Thanks Steve!

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey Gang,
I can't say enough to thank everyone for the kind words and the support. Thanks! I really appreciate it, all I can say is ..I try, and I encourage everyone to support their local shops as much as possible, everyone has been having a time of it this year especially coming out of such a long winter...but we'll get through it in the end.
Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think he does a talk show on 1620 am every other Friday morning. I always buy my bait from him when I launch at Bayou Texar, great guy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dizzy's a great place to take your reels when you need them fixed or serviced. I've had nothing but great service. He also has shrimp when everyone is out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know we all have done some impulse buying at places like bass pro. :(
Next time you see something you want, give Steve a call. You'll be glad you did. :D I learned my lesson the hard way. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Dizzy Lizzy

Sounds like my kind of tackle shop. I will have to check it out. C2

·
Registered
250 Posts
never had a problem there the few times iv been...he bent a pain in the ass spring inside a penn 9500ss back for me then charged me half a cleaning because he had to take the rotor off the reel...but didnt clean anything. fixed a pain in the ass problem...and the goofy jigs...yes i buy them there and yes they do work that well good stuff. walmarts got nada on anyone local

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you need service done on reels, he's the guy to go to. He has great info on what's biting and what to use. Check him out if you have facebook too. He's always putting reports up.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ditto on all the kudos. I've bought alot of terminal tackle from Steve and his prices are great. I can't stress enough how important it is for everyone in our community to support locally-owned businesses. Like LB says on his radio commercials.....it's just the right thing to do.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I have been dealing with Steve since he opened up shop... He is a stand up guy and always takes the extra step.. If you guys are on Facebook he is onhere as well and everyday he post the tides and a report. I look forward to his post!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts