Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a safety light I made for night fishing. I want to be seen on the water at night but not spend 100 bucks on a light I can make myself. Turned out a little better than I thought. I don't have to use a head and it lights up the deck of the yak pretty good. I also made a wade gigging light with basically the same material. Very cheap and easy to make. The light is flexible led strip lights. 3/4" clear plexiglass tubing. 3/4" pvc and 3/4 fittings. I got the led lights off amazon for 7 bucks for 16ft. You can cut it to length as re solder new wire on. I stripped a piece of wood 1/2"X1/2" and hot glued the lights around it to put inside the plexiglass. Very impressed with this diy.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello how big of a power source? i too have been thinking of doing the same thing for my yak. i have seen them on ebay. i was thinking a small battery box that are rechargeable batteries four AA battery. trying to save on room so trying to go small but enough power for at least 4 to 6 hours of time on the water at night. i just want the light up above my head for other boaters to see me. i don't need the underwater lights. i am in the north (Ohio) and you can not see in the water in the day time so lights in the water at night will not help me. thank you for your help and well done on your set up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I'm using a 12volt 8amp hour battery that I got for 15 bucks at an electronic supply store here in Pensacola. Its already sealed so you don't have to worry about corrosion. Very similar to the battery's guys use for deer feeders. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts