Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
It was yesterday. Both divers ran low on air one diver seen his partner on bottom with regulator out went up and got another tank and retrieved body. All this information is second hand and I have no idea if it's accurate. Don't know any more.

·
Registered
12,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was yesterday. Both divers ran low on air one diver seen his partner on bottom with regulator out went up and got another tank and retrieved body. All this information is second hand and I have no idea if it's accurate. Don't know any more.
Thanks. The PNJ said it was this morning. Sad story. If the DOA diver was 48 as reported, that hits close to home.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Could have been this am. I heard about it early and assumed yesterday.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Oh man. I just started doing my on-line dive training and hate to see these posts. I’m curios of the specifics, depth etc.... god bless

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
It was this morning. I was offshore and heard some of the radio conversation. Seems like it was before 9 am when were hearing the coast guard talking to someone involved.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Prayers to those in need being lifted.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Oh man. I just started doing my on-line dive training and hate to see these posts. I’m curios of the specifics, depth etc.... god bless
Get the training and follow and understand what you are being taught. Start diving with someone the same level as you are. Take your time and learn the enviroment and different conditions. Consider Diving nitrox on air tables. Always have a driver in boat at all times.

·
Registered
9,589 Posts
Last I knew it’s the closest, as there is not one in Pensacola
Believe it or not there are two chambers in pensacola. Baptist and NAMI. The problem is having a qualified team to treat diving accidents. No one wants the responsibility and liaability for treating divers, not enough money in it. The 2 chambers locally are used to treat diabetes.

·
Gig'em
416 Posts
We heard it on the VHF Sat morning. They did CPR for a pretty good length of time. Sat was a busy day on the radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
288 Posts
Believe it or not there are two chambers in pensacola. Baptist and NAMI. The problem is having a qualified team to treat diving accidents. No one wants the responsibility and liaability for treating divers, not enough money in it. The 2 chambers locally are used to treat diabetes.

From what I understand the NAMI chamber is not for civilians. I'm a federal employee and we have an agreement with the Navy so we can use it. I have to call and let them know we are using them for coverage. Mobile is the nearest one (for a ways) that will treat divers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts