Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My usual dive buddy is busy this week and I have all week until Sunday to shoot everyday. We shoot from kayak or off the beaches in Choctaw bay. Just snorkel/free dive. I need a buddy to come along If anyone's interested just PM me and I'll send my number. Here's a pic to give u an idea of how good my hot spots are. Lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the reply brother. I'll send u a pm. Don't know why my inbox is full? I jut registered yesterday? Lol! Ben

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depth

Not very deep. Lol! I don't have a boat so I'm limited to the bay. There's a few docks and some old wrecks we dive that are maybe 20-25. I can dive 45+. We go to Morrison springs from time to time to practice diving deeper than what we can do in the bay. I'm open water certified but rarely dive. Without a boat and just diving off the kayaks or beach there's no need for all that crap. Fins,snorkel, knife, mask, speargun, and the mind of a sheepshead assassin. That's all u need. Oh and a catch bag.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depth

I'd say 90% of the fish are shot from the surface. Sometimes on deeper docks I'll dive down and wrap my legs around a piling and hang out. What's funny is the majority if the big sheepys we shoot are in less than 3' of water. Especially along solid dock walls. They love to munch on barnys along flat surfaces. There is one place we go that getting a limit of sheepys is almost a guarantee. In order to keep peace with local dock owners we throw them a fish or two once in awhile. I'll post another pic from a crazy day we had about a month ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pic

We shot all these in about two hours. My wife followed us in her kayak and caught a redfish and several mangroves.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Offshore

Blaine u must work offshore? I work in the gulf for about 12 years. I'm a 100ton captain. I ran crewboats for Seacor, GOL, Gulf Fleet and a couple others.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I live over in Milton/ navarre I'm not sure if I will have a day this week off or not yet but ill keep your number in case I do
Also how is the vis normally in yalls bay?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vis

The vis is getting better in the bay. Offshore is always crystal this time of year. We shot in Destin harbor today and did pretty. The first stop the vis was maybe 5-8'. The second stop varied a lot. Sometimes we could see bottom 10 feet down. Sometimes u were lucky to see the end of your gun. Come on over and shoot with us.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey fellows if anybody does any diving in the colder months give me a shout. We come down 3 or four times a year to the ft walton area. Even if its just to dive & not hunt let me know . I can send my # via pm if needed for more info

1 - 17 of 17 Posts