Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where you can bring a boat hull for disposal?? It is in good shape, I just don't need it. Or, if anyone needs a 19' Chaparral hull only, you can have it for free...

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
You can take it to the Escambia County dump. Pay by the pound.

I disposed of several hulls by cutting them up snd putting in a 30 yard dumpster furnished by Bubba Box on Barrancas, $400 and it goes away.

Tom

·
Jiggin Finatic
8,545 Posts
makes a great reef.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
I'll check on the regs but if you're giving it away, the RFRA would love to make a reef out of it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I have taken several to the landfills. Coyote in Navarre and the transfer station in FWB off MLK Blvd. Make sure there is no gas still in the tank. I pulled the tanks to reduce the weight. By far the cheapest, legal, way to get rid of one.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
This is from the Escambia Co. Website:

"No reef materials shall be allowed to trap marine life, and must be configured, cut<P align=left>or shaped, so as not to function as a fish trap. All materials/structures must be<P align=left>configured and constructed to be stable, durable, and provide habitat. No material<P align=left>whatsoever may be deployed within one-quarter mile of the boundaries of the Large<P align=left>Area Artificial Reef Sites (LAARS). No other materials are authorized. Materials<P align=left>expressly prohibited include cars and trucks and any parts thereof, white goods<P align=left>(i.e. appliances), shopping carts, bread trays, 55 gal drums, storage or fuel tanks,<P align=left>loose metal materials, plastics, fiberglass ... "<P align=left>I'm guessing that means boat hulls are out -- fiberglass.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
I know this sounds crazy, but I've done this more times than I care to admit. I drag it to the curb and put a "FOR SALE" sign on it. I have done this with washers, driers, refrigerators, old trailers, Large wood benches, shelving, broken TV's, ect. After a day or two some bone head will come by and steal it thinking that they are getting something valuable! I still get a kick outta this when it goes down. With all the theft in our area since Ivan, it' shouldn't take very long. Of course all of this depends on what neighborhood you live in or near. I always left it at my rental in Warrington. Good luck TB

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone for the help...Friends of mine were moving into an apartment complex and could not store it in the complex. They gave it to me and the wife says I have two weeks to get rid of it. All I want is the 24' magic tilt trailer under the boat....:) Thanks again

Chris

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
There was a free boat thread a while back (bass boat I believe).Someone responded and said they'd like to put a boat in the yard for their kids to play in.You might be able to contact them and see if they took the other boat or would like yours.

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
I'm guessing that means boat hulls are out -- fiberglass.

That would be Correct.

A chainsaw and a afternoon with pieces cut into sections 18in X 18in and they will fit in "Big green".

It will take about 2 1/2 weeks to get it all in there with ECUA picking it up twice a week.

More work, but less money to get rid of.

The only pix I have of "Big green", never mind the flagpole in the pix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts