Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Family and I are going over to disney world in november and I am looking for advice from the PFF family as to where to go, what to do, food to try, etc.... I have a 3 yr old and 7month old who will be making their first trip.Any and all information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. I will let you know how it turns out.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I've made the trip before, and if you send an email to the orlando travel center they will send you a book full of coupons! The Ripleys Believe it or not is fun, the Alligator farm is neat, and don't forget Sea World.

·
Registered
205 Posts
You have to go to Chef Mickey's. It is buffet style. The characters dance around and meet the kids, its great. We took my son on his birthday, he loved it. We also when to Dixie Stampede, it was a blast, it is dinner and a western show(north versus south kinda thing). The disney store also carries a book, it's about $15, but it is worth it. It tells you about everything from every ride w/height limits to every place to eat that has to do with disney.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ditto on what she said: We started our 1st Disney vacation with a dinner at Chef Mickey's. It was a great intro for the kids to meet the characters without waiting in insane lines -the food was good too. There are other character dining experiences, some include: Garden Grill, the LAND @ Epcot, Donalds breakfast @ Animal Kingdom...and one we are going to in November is the Princess Storybook breakfast @ Norway's Akushus rest @ Epcot.

Our favorite restaraunts are: BOMA (Animal Kingdom LODGE) -which is where we stay, Rainforest Cafe (Animal Kingdom or Downtown Disney), O'Hannas @ the Polynesian Resort. We've eaten at many, but we don't miss those. As for some quickserve places, we like FlameTree BBQ (Animal KIngdom), Wolfgang Pucks (DT Disney) & SciFI dinner theater (MGM)...actually need reservations for SciFi.

BUY the book....unofficial guide to Disney World @ any of the Big bookstores. It has great inteneraries for those with young children. I assume you are buying FL resident passes and have inquired about FL resident rates @ the resorts. There are always specials. You might not be aware that if you buy a 3 or 4 day Hopper, you can trade them in when they're used up towards the price of an annual pass....for the full value you payed.

I'll answer any questions you have. We're pro's :)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Sea World puts a great show on the big fish (big Shamu is awesome) get there early soyou can get the best seats..ususally up front, but not that lowor you'll be at the splash zone...and yes you will get wet. Sea World gets ya free beer ...yeaph!!! thats right.....For the other theme parks makesure you take a good comfy stroller for the little one.. (they have rentals as well) is a lotta walking there. Make sure you invest your time in parks and shows that your children can get in. for some of them rides you have to be a certain height etc ..or it may be too scary as well....other than that is a great time...also inquire for the VIP pass for most of the shows and rides...im not sure if you have to book a hotel there (Disney)to get it or what....but ask..it will save you a lotta time.... long lasting lanes suck sometimes...kids get bored or sleepy in the process....

ps....just in case buy that 1 dollar ponchos at walmartand have them handy....u never now....otherwise youll be paying 12 bucks a piece there.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Stay in a resort and get the dining package that opens you up to be able to do a lot, call Ann Housh with Adventure travel here in Pensacola she will get you the best deal around for anything that you want.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I second going to Sea World. I loved it. They have a new show out now. When I went about 6 months ago they had "belive" as the show but now they have "Shamu Rocks" or something like that and everyone says it is much better. I will be going back.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot for the advice. I am excited about trying that Chef Mickey place a few people mentioned.My son is in to the "Little Einstein" characters so hopefullythey have them there. Do the characters eat with you?

I will have to look for that book you all mentioned as well. I really appreciate all the advice!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Eating with the characters is pretty cool.Book it ahead of time and you'll enjoy watching the kids as well as the time spent sitting. If you're going to be in town, try the Pirate dinner theatre. I can't remember the name of it but your 3 year old should love it.

I also vote for Sea World!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts