Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the advice of our forum member Diesel84 myself, my son, the Jamaican, the boat owner and his two boys went to the 3 mile bridge last night.

We got to the spot on the PCOLA side of the bridge just looking on the rubble for fish. Once we found a promising spot we anchored up.

After about 3 minutes the fighting began. We had slot reds and bull reds intermittently for the next 3 and a half hours. I didn't even mention the thousands of trout around us. The big and little boys had a blast and we wanted to give a shout out for getting us off the couch and into a mess of fish.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
frenchdaddy (12/20/2007)With the advice of our forum member Diesel84 myself, my son, the Jamaican, the boat owner and his two boys went to the 3 mile bridge last night.

We got to the spot on the PCOLA side of the bridge just looking on the rubble for fish. Once we found a promising spot we anchored up.

After about 3 minutes the fighting began. We had slot reds and bull reds intermittently for the next 3 and a half hours. I didn't even mention the thousands of trout around us. The big and little boys had a blast and we wanted to give a shout out for getting us off the couch and into a mess of fish.

Enjoy the pics.
I really dont get it, I guess the fish are eating at night. I went out yesterday in the bay, pass, gulf and not a hit. Came back in started at the gulf breeze side of the bridge and trolled slow all over spots marking fish and good bottom all the way to the pensacola side nothing. GREAT JOB!!!GLAD SOMEONE IS GETTING BLOOD IN THE BOAT. If you need an extra person let me know i would love to catch some fish, im getting ready to sell my boat and poles. The last 5 times i havent caught anything. Really upseting thing is my dad was in town last week and i took him twice and nothing. I reallllly wanted to put him on some fish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BudBreak,

Don't give up the fight just yet. We were using fresh dead shrimp and cut bait at different levels i.e. 5ft, 10ft, and 15ft all after dark. Like Diesel said at night was the key. The bay was boiling with trout for about an hour before we left. Incoming and outgoing tide were both working.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey great fish! We were out there last night also, I believe following the advice of the same guy you are talking about. We fished all the way from Gulf Breeze side to the hump with no luck at all!! We caught tons of da-- trout, but no red fish. We used Gulp "New Penny and Natural", live shrimp, and trout cut, whole and halves. What's the trick?? We are going tommorow again, tell me how fresh is "fresh dead shrimp".

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The reds we were catching were between the rubble and the bridge pilings on cut trout 2 in chunks and fresh dead from Gulf Breeze B&T(I should get a discount for free advertisement). I hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts