Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wolfgang
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Muddy water in Choctaw bay today, so no Spanish. My dad and I decided to check Whitepoint and toss around a spoon. On about the 4th cast I was letting it sink and something grabbed it and just took off! After about a 5 minute fight I got him up to the boat and to my suprise, it was a shark(lemon, or sandbar I think).
Got rid of him and relocated to another area.
We tried casting, trolling, and drift fishing with live menhaden. Nada.
It was about noon and we decided to head back to Whitepoint since the wind died down and the tide was strengthening.
I put on a gotcha and tossed it around and caught nothing but bay tarpon and believe it or not, hardheads.
I had just finished a retrieve and saw a swirl about 15 feet from the boat in front of me. Naturally I toss the Gotcha past it a bit and was letting it sink when suddenly, BAM, something hit it and bolted! This fish was ripping off drag at a nervous rate. Finally, after roughly another five minute fight I got her up to the surface and to our dismay, another shark. :001_huh:
This time my dad was ready with the camera/phone. ;)

(Somebody help me out with the Identification please.)

[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]
[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
5,602 Posts
Juvy bull for sure. Cool catch!

I was down in Melbourne fishing way up the south fork of Sebastian river. Coolest little place ever. The water was crystal clear and it was turning more into a creek than anything. Well we were catching some small bass as well as snook, including swordspine and fat snook, small tarpon and seeing some bream even. Low and behold two baby bulls about 4ft long come cruising down the creek. So cool to see them in the same water with bass!

·
Banned
2,276 Posts
Bull sharks will attack people in a stained water situation.....they ain't to cool then....kill them when you can as far as I'm concerned.....It seems there are more and more sharks inshore these days...my son in law hooked one wading at the national seashore east of gulf breeze...I saw a 7 fter in the canals in Villa Venice last year.....I say a shark tourney should be run....there are way to many out there now imo......

·
Registered
4,235 Posts
You never know where you are going to find Bull Sharks.

I was fishing near Demopolis with an old college roommate back in about 1965 or so and got hung up on somebodies trot line. As I was trying to shake my plug loose, a big tail popped out of the water. Then a dorsal fin then a mouth full of teeth. That shark was on the trotline. I hope he didn't get off until he'd scared the crap out of the line owner. I don't remember how many dams there are between Demopolis and the Gulf.

Years before that, when I was in high school, I gigged a 5 foot Sturgeon in the Cahaba river near the bridge on 150.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts