Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading about the new louisiana record warsaw and it made me wonder if you guys knew the World record is held right down the road? this is the only picture i could find, but this is a local charter captain out of destin named steve haeusler that i used to work for. this grouper weighed just over 436....

in addition to this world record warsaw, the Sunrise (Kelly Windes' boat) also boasts the world record gag (80 lbs) and the Florida state record red snapper (46.5 lbs)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yes, your are correct. If you want to see some really good photo's of Kelly and his family and and the history of Destin's Luckiest Fishing Village get the book called Fifty Years Of Fishing The Destin Rodeo. I personally know Kelly and have fished with him and deployed my personal reefs with him. He comes from a family of some of the greatest fisherman. On one of our deployment of reefs Kelly told me his son has decided to follow in his foot steps. Trey his son has his own boat now called Outta Line that is added to the fleet. I'm looking forward to fishing with him real soon. If any of you guys ever get a chance to charter a trip with Kelly's fleet you want come home regreting it. I promise.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know trey pretty well and that guy is amazing. he canput a boat just where he wants it and surely fish like a machine. what a great family! i was honored to work for that group the short time that i did. stinks i live in pensacola now or i would be happy as a bug in a rug deckhanding on any of those boats that kelly and them own!

·
Registered
172 Posts
This may seem like a dumb question, but seriously, I have never caught a grouper anywhere near that size. Is a grouper that big any good to eat? Some fish lose a lot of appetizing flavor as they grow to gigantic proportions. Is a Warsaw one of those?

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope. as far as i know, tuna and groupers are some of the few that are just as good big as they are small. good question though, id HATE to see the worms in a world record AJ or try to eat the fillet of a 9 lb speckled trout...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts