Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was pouring 2 cycle oil in my tank to mix with my fuel, I by accident poured a quart of transmission fluid in with my oil. The bottles looked the same and I wasn't paying attention. Now I have a quart of ATF in my fuel tank that has sunk to the bottom. What do I need to do to keep my motor from blowing up. Is a quart of ATF enough to make a motor blow up or something. Do I need to have the tank professionally drained. Anyone ever made this mistake before? I feel stupid. Help Lee

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
not sure it needs to be professionlly cleaned, but it does need to come out of there,, atf is to thin and will not work in a 2 stroke engine, you will damage your engine,, a small amount probably wont matter but you need to get as much out as you can.. if you need to geti it done we can do it for you,,

·
Registered
21 Posts
memories.I'm glad I've never done anything stupid on a fishing trip. Unless you count the time I launched the boat without the drain plug in, or when my boat and trailer passed me on the way to the boat launch, or when I got hung in a bush and started yanking until I saw the football sized wasp nest, or when, just out of stupidity, I cast my top-water plug at an alligator and he thought I was just being nice and got hooked, or when I ...

Oh, the memories.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts