Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thought this morning. Pretty much a very simple question, to which I don't know the answer. I haven't been logged on since this morning and now I can't find any sign of the thread at all.

My question was:

What would make someone feel as if they needed to force their opininon of what to do with a legally caught fish, that another angler caught?

I used an example of the Yak Caught Sailfish, but my question had nothing to do with Billfish, Sailfish or any other individual species of fish. My question is concerning People, and what would make them feel as if they should ask another angler to abide by their wishes as it pertains to a legal to keep fish? Nothing more, Nothing less.

I have to think we have enough regulations to abide by already.If the State or Federal Government hasallowed it to be legal, shouldn't we? If someone legally catches a fish and wants to take it, what would be the modivation of another angler to critisize the angler for taking it?

Why would someone do that?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Garbo (10/14/2009)I posted a thought this morning. Pretty much a very simple question, to which I don't know the answer. I haven't been logged on since this morning and now I can't find any sign of the thread at all.

My question was:

What would make someone feel as if they needed to force their opininon of what to do with a legally caught fish, that another angler caught?

I used an example of the Yak Caught Sailfish, but my question had nothing to do with Billfish, Sailfish or any other individual species of fish. My question is concerning People, and what would make them feel as if they should ask another angler to abide by their wishes as it pertains to a legal to keep fish? Nothing more, Nothing less.

I have to think we have enough regulations to abide by already.If the State or Federal Government hasallowed it to be legal, shouldn't we? If someone legally catches a fish and wants to take it, what would be the modivation of another angler to critisize the angler for taking it?

probably got deleted cause someone went all PETA on it and arguement got started.. POOF.

Why would someone do that?

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[email protected] (10/14/2009)It got up to like 117 when I saw it last. The pier thread is the new one to jump on...seems a little more civil though:bpts
Believe me you, I was not and am not starting or jumping on anyone or anything.

I believe that this type of "infighting" within a sport hurts all who enjoy and participate in the sport. There are organisations that would love to know that they could divide the fisherman that make up the sport. The sport of hunting faces it at a stronger front than fishing does, but the day is coming.

I will apologize to you Chris, if you think that I asked a good question to start crap, but I will also promise you, That was not the case.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Garbo,

I'd wager it has to do with a similar mentality to arm-chair quarterbacking and backseat driving.

I'd say the only time I should be able to tell someone not to keep a legal fish is if I had a boat, and took someone to one of my secret fishing spots on that boat. If it's my boat them my rules.

However, if they are in their own boat, yak, on foot, etc.; fishing wherever they please, then its a free country and they can decide for themselves to keep what they want to so long as it is legal.

Alex

P.s. the above is humble opinion, not directed at anyone or anything. Any use of "I", "you", "they", "we", "me", "my", etc. refers to hypothetical representations and are not based on any real life events, places, or people.

·
Banned
1,264 Posts
[email protected] (10/14/2009)No its all good Garbo! Nothing of those 117 posts bothered me except Will...but he always bothers me. I think most of the people who participate in thes 4 and 5 page bashing sessions know what its all about...Nothing! No harm done...I think people just do it to talk about fishing and get fired up during the work week.
only thing you ever wrote that i agree with.you dont bother me though.i get along with gay people.i dont hate you for that.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I did not see it in the final throes of death, but my suspicion is that someone mentioned Obama. Nothing gets a thread canned faster than going there.....

OH NO! I said the "O" word......:moon

I still liked it when will said to take the sailfish home and sleep with it. Gross, but funny!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cast-N-Call (10/15/2009)Garbo, you missed the bullfrog tadpoles that I offered as bait. I had a couple dozen fiesty ones. I didn't have any takers so I just fried them up last night.
1) agree that if its legal to take then let it be.

2) also agree with 'my boat my rules'. just leave it there and dont apply 'your/my' rules to someone else

3) i also agree that there are just certain 'primers' that set people off as to what to do in a given situation. my motivation for feeling a certain way will be way different for the next guy.

4) what does bullfrog minnows have to do with the sailfish equation? i know its prolly sarcasm at its finest, i just dont understand the connection. im dumb as a bag of rocks sometimes when tryin to figure stuff like that out.

5) everyone is entitled to their own opinions. it is 'your/my' opinion, nothing else. it would be nice if all would not be 'that guy' that has to be right about a particular subject when that subject is open to interpretation.

6) quote from todays guest editorial in pnj "not all historians are equal. if we read only ideas that are compatible with our own biases, we do not grow intellectually." i agree with that. even when someone presents an opposing view, and it is wrong or incorrect, then that view can do good in that it bolsters/strengthens the right or correct view. or an opposing view IS right or correct and we are the better for hearing it.

now, lets go fishing.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Freespool50, The title to this thread is "Did I Miss Something"? Yes, I was being sarsasctic. The thread that Gardo started yesterday got derailed right off the bat and through the course of the day it became a joke. So with this thread becomeinga complete joke I decided to offer a couple dozen bullfrog tadpoles as billfish bait. So in my reply above I was letting Garbo know that he missed out on some good bait. Garbo, I am sorry if I have derailed this thread and appoligize if I offended anyone. When things get heated on here I just try to add a little humor.

·
SaltWaterDave
1,847 Posts
I can't speak for Tex. and I stopped reading the thread after a while but I did learn something from Garbo's thread thathadfailed to get mentioned in Tex's report and subsequent bashing..... You shouldn't take sailfish (or other billfish) out of the water for fear of internal injuries. It wasn't the right to kill a legal fish issue. It was the "if you're gonna take it out of the water it will probably die, you might as well keep it" issue. What the first poster who brought it up that the fish died and he didn't need to be there to swear to it didn't say was the "science" behind it. I learned that from those who chimed in on Garbos thread. So, I don't know if Tex knew that or not but it was new to me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cast-N-Call (10/15/2009)Freespool50, The title to this thread is "Did I Miss Something"? Yes, I was being sarsasctic. The thread that Gardo started yesterday got derailed right off the bat and through the course of the day it became a joke. So with this thread becomeinga complete joke I decided to offer a couple dozen bullfrog tadpoles as billfish bait. So in my reply above I was letting Garbo know that he missed out on some good bait. Garbo, I am sorry if I have derailed this thread and appoligize if I offended anyone. When things get heated on here I just try to add a little humor.
yeah i read the post from yesterday, quite entertaining. most of the time i skip those kinds of posts because it usually gets pretty deep. that one, in my opinion didnt get that deep. it did beat the ole horse to death though.

i knew your post was meant in humor, im just slow and didnt get why. i guess there was really no punchline, just was what it was. and no you didnt offend me. some of my best friends are tadpoles.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts