Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend called me to say that they just heard on the news last night that the snapper season was shortened again to june 1 thru june 28th. The reporter from channel 3 said that the decision didn't have anything to do with the oil crisis that it was just a management decision.

Someone please tell me this isn't true. Can anyone confirm or deny this. I have been to the nmfs website and the channel 3 website and see no news of this at all but they swear that they watched it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
The OLE Want To Be Season.

I heard that the Snapper season was going to close on July 25th. Thats not very much time for a season. The season could be for 24hrs. & NMFS will still say that the Red Snapper are overfished, and we caught over the TAC. I can hear it now!!!!! You fished the waters that were open to fishing alot. All the fishing was located in the same area. Blah, Blah , Blah.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The LaJess II (22/05/2010)David I watched the 10:00 news last night and didn't hear a thing about it. Been on NOAA today and didn't see anything.
They said they saw it on the 6 o'clock news. I watched at 10 as well and checked on the websites immediately. They still say that they saw it and even wrote the dates down so they would have their facts straight. I dunno...and they dont even smoke crack or drink.lol

·
Registered
895 Posts
My son called me tonight with the same story but he heard it third hand. However it was the same thing, snapper seasonwas only going to be open from June 1st thru the 28th. So is this right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts