Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My fiance and I are planning on going to Jamaica for our wedding. We have spoke to Gulf Breeze Travel and have them working on a good site. If anyone has done this or knows someone who has please give us some ideas of great locations/hotels...We are not stuck on doing it in Jamaica, but so far they have been the best bang for the buck. Does anyone have any ideas of where to stay? We are looking at the Moon Palace right now. They won't open until March so we are skeptical as they don't have any reviews except the Sunset Resort, which is what it used to be. Palace Resort is taking it over and they have great reviews in Mexico and such (all 4.5/5 stars...)

Thanks in advance,
Josh

·
Registered
322 Posts
Look at Pacific side of Costa Rica, didn't get married here but had a great time at Playa Flamingo, also other nice spots

I would not recommend the all inclusive plan as you may be out on sight seeing trip, riding zip line and miss a meal or two, so why hurry to get to eat as it was paid for, eat when and where we you want, get breakfast plan only, we had no problem eating with locals and drinking water they served

If you go to Pacific side fly into Liberia, Caribbean side to us was to commercial , it was Very Clean and Friendly

ask your agent if interested prices vary with season

·
Registered
870 Posts
Personally I would never plan anything that is not as fool proof as possible for a wedding. Its not worth saving a little money to risk being rained on, the resort being terrible, etc. Have a decent back up plan if you are doing it outside, I've been to multiple weddings on the beach or otherwise outside that had bad weather. Some had back up plans and some didn't, they all worked out by the last thing you ever want is your wife miserable on your wedding day.

I personally don't have any experience about Jamaica but most I've been told is that the resorts are nice but you don't want to leave the resorts because the country is not.

·
Banned
3,774 Posts
My son visited one of the all inclusive Sandal Resorts in Jamaica last June for his honeymoon. He said it was great! Said anything you asked for the answer was "No problem man". Well actually "No prolem Mon".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts