Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hit up destin on saturday. water was cool but clearing up really nice. lots of whiting and spanish and a TON of bait in the water. got 5 rays. two large ones and 3 dinner plates. the one in the vid is one of the smaller models.

·
The Tourist
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shark bait. i was going to try a wing but had them in the ice chest till monday afternoon. had a body section and half a big one left, bloody and full of sand so i just stuck them in the freezer. i might take a wing off a fresh one this weekend and cook it up. never tried it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Look to have that down to an art. YOu eating tremor shark bait.
I have eat sting ray several times before only had it fried but a buddy of mine told me to cut it in small chunks wrap in bacon and grill it is awesome haven't tried it grilled yet though. There is a guy in orange beach that does a bow fishing charter and they were on bazzar foods and they cooked some up on the grill said it was great

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've never had stingray before, but I've heard they taste a lot like scallops. Nice catch; I'd like to get in on some of that action sometime!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have eat sting ray several times before only had it fried but a buddy of mine told me to cut it in small chunks wrap in bacon and grill it is awesome haven't tried it grilled yet though. There is a guy in orange beach that does a bow fishing charter and they were on bazzar foods and they cooked some up on the grill said it was great

Everything tastes better wrapped in bacon.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We took a charter with Liquid Trails out of Orange beach a week ago. BIG fun!! Wound up eating one that we grilled. Not bad. Very firm, dense meat. No big fish flavor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts