Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jeff Robinson and I am hauling my kayaks from Lafayette, LA to Destin this Fri7/13. I am wanting to try to get on some snapper and was wondering if you could point me in the right direction as far as where to launch and reef/wreck locations. If you know of anyone that may be headed out before snapper season closes please give them my contact info. I would love to tag along if ya'll don't mind.
I am an avid saltwater kayak fisherman but a novice for going beyond the breakers.

Thanks,
Jeff Robinson
[email protected]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Google Okaloosa county fishing reefs. Get the numbers for either Sand Flea complex (Launch from Shiraz Beach) or Sea Urchin Complex (Launch from the BackPorch restaurant.)

Good Luck.
Ted

·
Registered
318 Posts
if you launch down near the El Matador, you will be able to find many spots within a couple of miles out heading toward the fishing pier. There is a bunch of rubble on and usually bait is pretty easy to find.
Chris

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybody want to head out early tomorrow morining7/14? I will be launching from shirah street public acces.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. I will be making a quick trip if weather permits. Also, thanks for the pointers. I will post up if I catch tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys.... Thanks again for the tips. I tried to go out Saturday and the weather and surf looked pretty bad. Decided to try again today and the weather was a lot better except for the surf was pretty big. It didn't look bad once you get past the surf. Boy I was wrong! We somehow made it past the surf without capsizing. I really believe there were some 4-6 footers out there. We decided to not stay out long or go outto the wreck. On the way in I got smoked by a king!!!What a thrill. It spooled my trout rod so I had to chase it down with my Hobie. Got him in the yak and took some pics!

Would some please post the pics for me if I can email to you.

I'm gonna give it another try in the morning also. Hopefully I can get a snapper before the season ends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts