Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got the new boat in last week and it has been a great experience breaking her in! We have stuck to the shallow flats for the majority of the time but we're also fishing around a few docks and deeper (4-5 ft) areas. The live bait of choice has been live shrimp but we're seeing plenty of finger mullet, pinfish, glass minnows, and other small baitfish on the flats right now. We're also using a combination of artificials...gold spoons, swimbaits, gulp shrimp on a jighead, and starting to see some action on topwater lures. Most of my trips lately have been with younger kids and it has been a blast watching them reel in these redfish. They are doing almost everything wrong and they're landing nearly every one...I love it!!! Just goes to show you that sometimes the best technique is to keep it simple, relax, and just have fun catching fish!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,445 Posts
WOW!!!

my favorite reports are with kids !!!

Atta Boy!!!

Jim

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brad King (4/9/2010)Blake you are the man.. Anyone that takes kids fishing for redfish............... uses artificials................ and still scores big..... Is a hero of mine!!! Way to go brother
Thanks Brad. Half the reds are being caught around docks on live shrimp but I've had the most fun out on the flats getting 'em hooked up with artificials. With some I'll make the cast for themand then just tell them to reel it straight in...nothing's better than when a midslot red slams it and the kid, and red, go nuts!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice job. Always like to see the younger generation catching fish. I really think it makes them appreciate things more. Here in the Navarre area I have not seen the bait fish yet but I know they will be here soon. I am hoping to get the new 173 Ghost (Ranger) out on Wenesday. My son will be returning from a TDY with AFFES on Tuesday and it will be his first trip on the boat. I did get on the water last week with my brother and we saw no activity as far as bait or schools of mullet. We searched from Woodlawn to Big Sabine. We looked on both south and north shores around that area and it was a desert except for a bunch of stingrays.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,517 Posts
Kids looked like they had a blast! BTW, nice job on the background photoshop, horizon could be straighter, tho. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts