Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Destin Report (Pics Added)

Our original plan was to do an Overnighter and fish a REALLY GOOD Blue water push that Roffs showed. Well we had to change plans this morning when we saw the weather coming in tonight. So we changed plans to fish from the Nipple South and see what we could make happen and come in this evening.

So after a rough ride out it calmed about 20 miles off. We started 10 miles South of the Nipple in really pretty water. Found some birds working some tuna, trolled through them, hooked up on what we thought was a nice fish, spit it though. So we messed around with these tuna and kept getting spit on topwater. As we were doing this we found the Rip Roffs was showing. It was good blue up against green water with a nice rip going for miles.

Picked up a nice Mahi then a big bull. Got a nice wahoo then got another that went 60#, I will post pics once I get them off my phone. Then doubled up on wahoo and then got a big cow Mahi. A nice bag of fish for a day trip.

Fish Bass Fish Fish Fish Sardine Seafood Mackerel
Fish Fish Seafood Pacific saury Mackerel

·
Squid technician
10,506 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like your plan B worked out well. We're haulin' down to Ft Morgan tomorrow. Guess you won't be able share your insights of water down by horn mtn or further west. Love them wahoo. Great eatin' fish.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like your plan B worked out well. We're haulin' down to Ft Morgan tomorrow. Guess you won't be able share your insights of water down by horn mtn or further west. Love them wahoo. Great eatin' fish.
Keith, from looks of the weather it's going to be a slog going that far south. A lot of good fishing right now away from the rigs. If this push of blue sticks around that's where Id be even if it was flat out there and a breeze to the rigs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, I was looking at hilton's today and ther is a nice push of blue-ish water West of ram Powell and a bit north. So you're right, there are other productive places to aim for

·
Registered
63 Posts
Head, Thanks for the report. We are shuffling back and forth from the rigs or a couple of day trips this weekend.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was looking at hilton's today and ther is a nice push of blue-ish water West of ram Powell and a bit north. So you're right, there are other productive places to aim for
Keith, I sent you a PM

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Sounds like a good fall trip! Envious of you guys that are getting out!

Robert

·
Registered
714 Posts
Head Kned can you believe we where the only boats on that rip. It had to be 30 miles long from where we picked it up and worked it north... We also pulled 3 nice wahoo and to Mahi...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Sounds like a great rip with lots of fish. Waiting on some good pics of those nice fish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts