Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How crowded do those near shore spots get in summer? I usually fish a few miles down the beach towards Grayton in the summer but I imagine there's a ton of boat traffic.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
During summer, it's hit or miss at my spots. We occasionally get a dive boat (Sea Cobra) at my favorite spot.

IMO, it's worse and more dangerous for cobia season. Also, the parasail boats are bad, too, during the summer. Not always looking forward.

The thing is, the more days of snapper season, the less boats are crowded around the nearshore kayak spots. They go offshore.

·
Seafox 237 twin outboards
5,434 Posts
On a Saturday in the summer with smooth seas, you can count on the fact that every boat that can get out to any of the main public numbers, will be out there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
During summer, it's hit or miss at my spots. We occasionally get a dive boat (Sea Cobra) at my favorite spot.

IMO, it's worse and more dangerous for cobia season. Also, the parasail boats are bad, too, during the summer. Not always looking forward.

The thing is, the more days of snapper season, the less boats are crowded around the nearshore kayak spots. They go offshore.
There are usually about 5-8 boats crusing for cobes where I fish in the spring but they don't cause any problems for me. The next time I'll be out there will probably be in snapper season, so that's good to hear.

On a Saturday in the summer with smooth seas, you can count on the fact that every boat that can get out to any of the main public numbers, will be out there.
Looks like I need to find some spots of my own in my neck of the woods. In past years I've just trolled and caught kings, spanish, and mahi but I've got the bottom bumping bug after filling the cooler with some seabass on a trip with JD and catching my first kayak snapper in march. There were a few public ones near me in Seagrove but when I went to check them out I couldn't find them so I guess they've deteriorated by now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I launch by The Back Porch and fish urchin and sand flea reefs during summer with no problem. You get the occasional boat that stops by but most keep on moving for deeper water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts