Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
lbhuntley you could be right that there is to many rec anglers for to few snappers...so lets shut down the destin fleet who is catching to many snappers that would eliminate thousands of snapper anglers which will be great for those anglers who have private boats and use up more of their income to support the economy!!!!!!

lbhuntley...tell me how you catching 500lbs helps our economy?

how much money do you pay back to the community?

how many permitted commercial snapper fishermen are there?

how many private boats are out there?

i think when you place how much money the private sector places into the snapper fishery over the commercial/charter snapper sector...you will see the private sector is being screwed.

lbhuntley this is my last post to you...YOU my sir are the foe!!!!!!! I will stop at nothing to defeat you...but do not worry i am sure you great government will help you out when you no longer can make a living off red snapper!

·
Registered
387 Posts
lbhuntley (10/27/2009)Nextstep you need to hate Senator Magnuson and Stevens and both houses of congress.

AJs will be overfished by approx 37% in 09 based onthe data,which means a shorter2010 AJ season. Red snapperwere overfished by 1.13 million lbswhichmeans a shorter2010 RS season. Recreational must develop a method(s) to end overfishing in there sector(s) or the cycle will simply continue. Gents, can't you see therewill benorelief withoutimproved accountability measures! Maybe SOS for charter and tags, with a lottery, for recreational butsomething different must happen, and (CaptWes)I don'tbelieve hating federal permitted charters and bashing data collection aresolutions. You must face areality, there are too many recreational fishermen for too few fish.
actually i think there are too many commercial fisherman,for too few fish.cut your quotas down sounds like a great plan to me.

·
Registered
490 Posts
flats stalker (10/27/2009)
lbhuntley (10/27/2009)Nextstep you need to hate Senator Magnuson and Stevens and both houses of congress.

AJs will be overfished by approx 37% in 09 based onthe data,which means a shorter2010 AJ season. Red snapperwere overfished by 1.13 million lbswhichmeans a shorter2010 RS season. Recreational must develop a method(s) to end overfishing in there sector(s) or the cycle will simply continue. Gents, can't you see therewill benorelief withoutimproved accountability measures! Maybe SOS for charter and tags, with a lottery, for recreational butsomething different must happen, and (CaptWes)I don'tbelieve hating federal permitted charters and bashing data collection aresolutions. You must face areality, there are too many recreational fishermen for too few fish.
actually i think there are too many commercial fisherman,for too few fish.cut your quotas down sounds like a great plan to me.

flats stalker you must be the only one here thinks there too few fish in the Gulf WE ALL THINK THER is PLENTY of fish EXCEPT NMFS

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
capt.eugene (10/27/2009)

flats stalker you must be the only one here thinks there too few fish in the Gulf WE ALL THINK THER is PLENTY of fish EXCEPT NMFS
Focus fella's, and continue to ignore LB. This threads OP posted to show action in regards to the NMFS fishery. Please take your bickering and derails somewhere else.

Now back on topic. Should the Rec fisherman go to Destin or should the Rec fisherman do something here in PCola. We PFF'rs have had good showings in the past and this would be worthy. no?

·
Registered
387 Posts
capt.eugene (10/27/2009)

actually it was to the above arguement,about to few fish for recs.its like saying there are to many big rigs on the highway so i cant drive.and i agree that the data is really flawed by somebody that couldnt count turtles in a tank,much less actually fish populations in the gulf and elsewhere.

·
Registered
541 Posts

I totaly agree!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
take all the money that will be wasted on fuel in this futile effort and put in the pot to come up with some money for lawyers and start sueing(sp).

were to they come up with the #'s for rec fishing? i have been fishing for 40 yrs, never charter always in my own boat and know one has ever askhow many fish and what kind of fishi caught. would someone please enlighten me.

·
Registered
9,681 Posts
<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>FALL IN!
The Destin Charter Boat Association is asking that all recreational fisherman join them at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 7, in a peaceful assembly aboard their boats from Crab Island to the channel.

Why would I want to be on "THEIR" boat? I think this would give the impression that all these people (us on their boats)want a "CHARTER" boat to take them out fishing.

If the "average joe" on their own rec boats would make the distingtion between the commercial/charter and rec guy. Kind of a "Hey, what about us?"

just a thought.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
off route II (10/27/2009)take all the money that will be wasted on fuel in this futile effort and put in the pot to come up with some money for lawyers and start sueing(sp).

were to they come up with the #'s for rec fishing? i have been fishing for 40 yrs, never charter always in my own boat and know one has ever askhow many fish and what kind of fishi caught. would someone please enlighten me.

Same here. I owned a boat for 2 years before I learned enough to catch a limit of anything. Never been asked by anyone what type or how many fish I caught.

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Realtor (10/27/2009)<SPAN id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl1_lblFullMessage>FALL IN!
The Destin Charter Boat Association is asking that all recreational fisherman join them at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 7, in a peaceful assembly aboard their boats from Crab Island to the channel.

Why would I want to be on "THEIR" boat? I think this would give the impression that all these people (us on their boats)want a "CHARTER" boat to take them out fishing.
Ding ding ding!!!!!

We have a winner.

·
Banned
137 Posts
Wes, let's review where your approach (faith based)has gotten us: shorter or maybe zero recreational snapper for 2010, shorter AJ season for 2010, maybe shorter trigger and grouper season, recreational, inshore charter and federal reef charter at odds... Fisheye48, regardless of what you believe, NMFS are using the best available scientific data and they probably aren't going to stop because you disapprove. Wes, knowing whoI amor what I can catchwill not make any difference.There is no doubt ACLs and AMs will eventually apply to all fish harvested. And ranting and raving, and lining up boats in Destinwill not makeany difference.

Wes, commercial fishermen cannot posses commercial quantities and recreational bag limits at the same timei.e., when grouper are closed commercially, I cannot haverecreational limits onboard.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
lbhuntley (10/27/2009)Wes, let's review where your approach (faith based)has gotten us: shorter or maybe zero recreational snapper for 2010, shorter AJ season for 2010, maybe shorter trigger and grouper season, recreational, inshore charter and federal reef charter at odds... Fisheye48, regardless of what you believe, NMFS are using the best available scientific data and they probably aren't going to stop because you disapprove. Wes, knowing whoI amor what I can catchwill not make any difference.There is no doubt ACLs and AMs will eventually apply to all fish harvested. And ranting and raving, and lining up boats in Destinwill not makeany difference.

Wes, commercial fishermen cannot posses commercial quantities and recreational bag limits at the same timei.e., when grouper are closed commercially, I cannot haverecreational limits onboard.

show me the exact numbers that the rec. fishermen took last year...not the charter boats, people on their own personal boats and are the ones that got eaten by flipper accounted in and what about the shorts that died? show me all of those numbers and i will be a believer in this whole crock!

·
Registered
689 Posts
off route II (10/27/2009)take all the money that will be wasted on fuel in this futile effort and put in the pot to come up with some money for lawyers and start sueing(sp).

Everyone has the same question! They keep saying how much fish was caught and we are going over the allowable catch. Yet, NO ONE has documented any #s of fish caught, caught and released on ANY recreational boat. So, these "great" numbers are just WILD ASS GUESSES SOMEONE PULLED OUT OF THEIR ASS!.

Somebody's gotta know Fred Levin! Being a local in gulf breeze, and his business here in pensacola. Get his firm on them shitheads. Too bad he's not a hardcore fisherman!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
anyone have an email address for the destin charter boat association? I'd like to send them a letter explaining to them why I won't stand beside them and fight to help keep the AJ season open

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
biggamefishr (10/28/2009)anyone have an email address for the destin charter boat association? I'd like to send them a letter explaining to them why I won't stand beside them and fight to help keep the AJ season open
Here you go Josh...<SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Captain Scott Robson, Destin Charterboat Association<P class=style4 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">Destin, FL<P class=style4 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px">[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
19,476 Posts
biggamefishr (10/28/2009)anyone have an email address for the destin charter boat association? I'd like to send them a letter explaining to them why I won't stand beside them and fight to help keep the AJ season open
:letsdrink

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Heres what I just sent

To whom it may concern in the Destin charter fleet,

It has been brought to my attention that the Destin Charter Boat Association is asking for recreational fishermen to help protest the recent closure of Amberjack in federal waters. Unfortunately as a recreational fisherman I feel betrayed by many of the captains along the Gulf Coast who have shown support for sector seperation (SOS plan). Since many of the captains who support the SOS plan are members of the Destin charter fleet, I find that I can no longer stand beside the charter industry and fight. Good luck.

Sincerely,

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
biggamefishr (10/28/2009)Heres what I just sent

To whom it may concern in the Destin charter fleet,
It has been brought to my attention that the Destin Charter Boat Association is asking for recreational fishermen to help protest the recent closure of Amberjack in federal waters. Unfortunately as a recreational fisherman I feel betrayed by many of the captains along the Gulf Coast who have shown support for sector seperation (SOS plan). Since many of the captains who support the SOS plan are members of the Destin charter fleet, I find that I can no longer stand beside the charter industry and fight. Good luck.

Sincerely,
shoulda left off the "good luck"

21 - 40 of 43 Posts