Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have credible info about the opening and closing of Destin Pass? High tide is around 10:30 AM for the weekend. I'd like to get out if possible, but don't want to get stuck or have to run to PC Pass and then back west in the ditch. Has anyone gone since Sunday when they began to close it down on incomeing tide?

Wouldn't it be great if this type of information would be ublished someplace by the authorities?

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,078 Posts
I tried to call the CG on the phone Sunday evening, went to message recording. I finally called them on channnel 16 and asked if the pass was closed. They said yes, until around noon. I went to Panama City to fish monday, made the long run west. Mid morning I saw what I thought was Destin boats. I don't think anyone really knows for sure. :boo

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Went out Destin Pass yesterday around 6:45 a.m. and returnedat 3:00 p.m. Lots of "BP boats" in the bay and near the bridge. The pass is all a "no wake" area.I'm not sure what the rules are after dark. Saw no evidence of oil anywhere. Also, there was no oil evident on any part of the boat's hull.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Sea-r-cy (23/06/2010)... I went to Panama City to fish monday, made the long run west. Mid morning I saw what I thought was Destin boats....
Sea-r-cy
You probably did. Was it a cat?

·
Registered
418 Posts

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,078 Posts
Orion45,

The boat I saw appeared to be the Swoop, or another of the Bonner 65' hull boats out of Destin.

BTY, my middle son flew/instructed P-3's, now with Southwest.

Sea-r-cy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts