Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum, and fairly new to the area. My wife and I are headed down and launching out of Eglin AFB on saturday and staying the night. We would like to get into blacktip/spinner sharks if thats possible. We would like to stay in the bay or within a couple miles of shore. We do have a 23' Chris Craft WA, but the engine is old and i dont quite trust it completely, not until i can get a kicker.

Anyways, i would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
87 Posts
About the only thing happening this time of year is sheephead and redfish around Destin bridge. Live shrimp or fidler crabs for sheephead. Variety of baits and some lures for redfish.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,079 Posts
AlaskanDan (2/25/2010)Hello Everyone,

. We do have a 23' Chris Craft WA, but the engine is old and i dont quite trust it completely, not until i can get a kicker.

Anyways, i would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Dan
Make sure you have Sea Tow insurance, or another brand, or keep you boat on a trailer. It cost major $'s for a tow in. :nonono

For about $50-$60 you can fish all day on a party boat, such as the American Spirit, Swoop, or Sweet Jody. :letsdrink

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
I would definitely stick around the Destin Bridge and maybe along the jetties but be careful of the tide and wind, those rocks don't take any mercy when they come on contact with fiberglass! Call Half Hitch Tackle (850) 837-3121in Destin and they'll be tell you what fish are biting and where. Below is your Marine Forecast for tomorrow.<DIV class="tm10 b">Saturday: Northeast winds around 15 knots becoming north in the afternoon. Seas 1 to 3 feet. Bays and coastal waterways choppy. Chance of rain. </DIV>

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome and good luck.Just heard in the surf fishing section that the first pompano was caught. Good stuff right there. Destin bridge for redfish, maybe some keeper triggerfish on natural bottom 65 to 85 feet on cut squid strips and small circle hooks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the information.

I Have Progressive through USAA, with the Insurance for Sea Tow.

Thankfully I did. Having a bad feeling about my engine, i decided to go out anyways. The old engine over heated and i got stuck halfway from Eglin to the mid bay bridge. Sea Tow was covered by my insurance, and its time to get a new engine so i dont have to deal with that old POS anymore.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Are you military here in FWB? Folks here can provide all sorts of input on repairs, where to get your boat serviced, all that if you are interested. Also, you will find PFF people are pretty nice folks, if you and your wife / family want to get introduced to the local waters / fishing / etc all you have to do is ask and someone will likely volunteer to help one of our military heros out, show you around, etcwhen you need it....

·
Registered
400 Posts
absolutly have an abundance of fishing resources as well as boat, boating, etc around. You would be surprised about how many of us military folks boat, fish, and just absolutly love bein' on the water. If ya need a good mechanic let me know and i can make some suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts