Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the jetty is open for fishing? I drove by today and the gate at the bridge was closed.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Eglin has closed access to the west jetty. Cannot park on either side of 98 on the west end of the destin bridge anymore.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why did they close it, and can you park down the road and fish it or the bridge?

·
Registered
213 Posts
They say it wasn't safe because all of the crowds and boat traffic from crab Island. They also stated that people driving dangerously along 98 as they found parking places. My understanding is that it is closed entirely right now, but I could be wrong. They have done this a few times over the years. IMO if the base commander had been worried more about airplanes instead of boats maybe we wouldn't have lost 250 million dollars worth of aircraft due to the crashes at Eglin last week.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm stationed at Duke Field, we were told its closed due to the traffic mess it causes and the fact that people pile in there so thick (social distancing). It's also a location that technically requires a pass to legally use and 99% of the ppl don't obtain the permit.

You can park at the public beach access on gulf drive and walk out to the East jetty tho.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys, one last thing does the public beach open/close or can you fish any time, on the east side

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm not 100% positive but I think it's full throttle now...i know for the past couple weeks ive seen ppl on the beach/jetties at sunrise and after sunset and LEO was not messing with them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts