Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to Destin Harbor yesterday (sunday). Didn't even hit the water til 3pm after having to purchase and install a new trailer jack.

Fished the north side of the harbor, about half way down. Never fished there before. Found a good showing of fish on my depth finder in about 16 feet of water. Big Pinfish with some White Trout thrown in.

After a good bit of fun for my son, my wife started getting cold (don't tell her, but I was frigging freezing), and a few big hardhead catfish, we hit the bridge right at dark. 2 other boats in the area. One was anchored up and was pulling in Red after Red. Another boat was drift fishing (one at the wheel and one on the fishing rod) They caught three in three passes. Go figure.....I didn't even get a bit.

Headed back out to the grass flats this afternoon to give Specks a try. Sorry no pictures, but I am currenty digital camera challenged (I don't have one)

Anyways, the fish are there. I guess I just need to figure out what they want to eat.

Tim

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Thanks for the report. We went Friday in the rain (HADto go fishing!) & we got some BIG pinfish & some puffers off gulp on jig heads. Headed back the nextafternoon & the wind was still blowing pretty stiff - we didn't get anything Sat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts