Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a good inshore fly fishing guide out of Destin to reccomend to the fff education director?? Anyone know who can lead thease guys to some trout or reds on the fly? He would be willing to trade for a guided trip in the Livingston Montana area for rainbows etc. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
254 Posts
try capt. Pat Dineen, his boat name is flyliner, dont know much about how good he is putting people on fish on the fly but he seems to know what he's talking about on the chevy fishing report

·
Endangered Red
518 Posts
If you can't get Pat, try Alan Steele. He used to own and operate the Orvis Store in Destin before BPS came to town.

Destin

ALAN STEELE (850) 650-6968 / (877) 321-FISH

PAT DINEEN (850) 609-0528

·
Registered
71 Posts
You may want to give Paul Darby a call. He knows more about fly casting and fly fishing than anyone in the area. Unfortunately I don't know is phone number, but if you call the folks a Shalimar Yacht Basin, they can tell you how to reach him. His tackle shop is in the Yacht Basin. Their phone is 850-651-0510.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,026 Posts
jmako (1/1/2008)You may want to give Paul Darby a call. He knows more about fly casting and fly fishing than anyone in the area. Unfortunately I don't know is phone number, but if you call the folks a Shalimar Yacht Basin, they can tell you how to reach him. His tackle shop is in the Yacht Basin. Their phone is 850-651-0510.

He and Paula moved to Crystal Springs a year or two ago. Call Half Hitch for guide info.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Paul and Paula are now back in Shalimar. They did move to Crystal River but moved back here back in the first part of this year. He has given me a lot of good tips on fly casting and knows where the fish are and how to catch them. He really likes to fish at night if you are up to staying out late to catch fish.

·
Registered
189 Posts
sailor (12/31/2007)If you can't get Pat, try Alan Steele. He used to own and operate the Orvis Store in Destin before BPS came to town.

BPS is terrible, I miss that Orvis store and the one here in P'cola....got all excited bout the one in San Destin but its basically the yuppie section of the "Orvis Gifts" magazine.:banghead:banghead

But post the report about what how you do, went to school in Ft Walton for 6 years and never fished Destin!:looser:doh Would love to know what it's like.

Good Luck and Tight Lines,

CurtyV

·
Banned
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info! i met Paul Darby at a CCA banquet in Ft Walton years ago!. He's the guy for sure . Thanks again!

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,026 Posts
jmako (1/1/2008)Paul and Paula are now back in Shalimar. They did move to Crystal River but moved back here back in the first part of this year. He has given me a lot of good tips on fly casting and knows where the fish are and how to catch them. He really likes to fish at night if you are up to staying out late to catch fish.

:clap Nice to hear they're back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts