Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help take a kid fishing day during the Destin Fishing Rodeo held every October is a great opportunity for a lot of kids to go fishing that normally never have the chance to. Tim at Half Hitch Tackle in Destin is a prime mover in making this happen. I am asking that if any of you on the PFF are interested in helping these kids out. It's $450.00 for each age/fish division to make it happen for these kids. Let's do what we can to help out, take your donations to a Half Hitch Tackle shop and make this a great year to take these underprivileged children for a memorable day of fishing. I know that October is seven months away but with a heads up in advance, you can drop a dollar or two in the kitty every time you find yourself in a Half Hitch Tackle Shop. It is a charity event and it does take money to make it happen. The more that goes into the fund will mean more divisions for the kids with better prizes.

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
(I had hoped for a better response here and I guess I was wrong. What happened to that generous spirit that abounded on here around Christmas time?)

Wes is right that I should edit this. I ask everyone's pardon if I have caused any offense what so ever. I guess I'm just a little excited and a little disappointed. I was hoping for a strong response as happened during the Christmas Holidays and I couldn't wait for it to happen, so for that I apologize to one and all.

·
Registered
807 Posts
kim...i supported the PRFA kids fishing day in pensacola...which i believe a lot of the anglers on this forum do every year with money...gifts and of their time.

How much have you given to the Destin kids day. If it is not in the millions I may be able to match your contributions. Please let me know.

Tight lines and great fishing adventures!

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wes, once again I am overwhelmed by your friendly demeanor. I admire your willingness to help and I'm sure that the underprivileged children will appreciate it even more. Children are our future, so even though many here contribute to the Pensacola function, I'm sure that some will find it in their hearts to contribute what they can spare to help out in Destin as well.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Isn't the Destin rodeo in Oct? Still got a lot of time for people to volunteer or donate if so. Kim, hate to say it but you sound condesending just because noone replied as quick as you think they should have. Capt Wes tried to get something started but you never answered his request. He is well respected on this forum and you avoided his question. I may be wrong for saying all of this and if I am, I am sorry... Just my perception....

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wes, charity towards others less fortunate in life is nothing other than trying to give some assistance without recognition. So if what someone else contributes is your motivator, I'm sorry to have to tell you that your heart is in the wrong place but make the donation just the same if you are so inclined. I'm trying to help a cause for some kids that really can use it and I'm asking other people to donate to make it a memorable day for children that don't have many happy memories. So by you derailing this post as a personal crusade is a great dis-service to a worthy cause and underprivileged children.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Kim you are very vague. More information will go a long way on this. Maybe have Tim at Half Hitch chime in and give some more detail and I think you will get a better response. Just not enough of info for people. Hope this helps.</DIV></DIV>Debbie</DIV>

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Debbie , I'm sorry that my post was vague. Simply put, donations can be made at any of the Half Hitch Tackle stores, however Tim at the Destin store has the handle on this. To Sponsor a fish in a age division is $450.00, every dollar donated will help out. The bottom line is that the number of divisions and prizes for these children is dependent on how much is donated to the Take a Kid Fishing Fund. I am not collecting money, I'm not organizing the event, I'm just trying to get the word out so that people who are inclined can contact a Half Hitch Tackle shop and make a donation. I am not affiliated in any manner with this worthy cause other than trying to help them out a little.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thanks Kim.Will be in Half Hitch real soon and will be glad to donate. Thanks again for more information. And even though the Rodeo is in Oct it takes awhile to get the donations in and get these things organized for the kids.

·
Registered
807 Posts
kim...you derailed your own thread in your second post!!!!

you would do good to delete your second post.

kim your problem was you read into something that was not there with me.

as for nobody responding may be they saw your post and contacted half hitch already and felt no reason to post.

as for the kids in destin...i have been donating for the last several years to their day of fishing. as i will this year too.

it is to bad you could not donate a little of your money it would have been a great challenge that i would have loved to match on top of what i usually donate. all you had to do was PM me.

If i were you kim i would just start a new thread and if nobody post it does not mean they are not donating or volunteering their time.

tight lines and great fishing adventures!

·
Banned
4,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wes, what you fail to understand is that, to what and how much I donate is my personal business. I don't use it as a standard of measure nor for a status symbol, it's personal and private and I would appreciate it if you could respect that.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Edit: My apologies to Captwesrozier, my goal is not to single anyone out here, I just want everyone to get along and help the kids out the best they can.

Each person's donation should be private just as Kim said. Some people are well off and can donate large amounts. Others like myself who are struggling to fund putting my own boat in the water so my son and I can fish will donate what we can when the time is right. I shop several times a year at Half Hitch in Destin and Navarre so I'll keep my eyes open for the donation jar and try to donate a little bit each time we're in there shopping. What amount I donate over the year is nobody's business but I'll be happy to donate when I can.

Thank you Kim for bring this up,hopefullywe can all work together tohelp the kids out!

·
Registered
807 Posts
i have three PM's who matched my $100. Thanks you and like Kim said it is for the kids!

anybody else who wants to match either call me or PM!!!!

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
captwesrozier (3/15/2010)i have three PM's who matched my $100. Thanks you and like Kim said it is for the kids!

anybody else who wants to match either call me or PM!!!!

Capt that's great to hear! Like I said I'll do my best to donate what I can on my many visits to Half Hitch stores this year!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Capt Wes I'll Match you!!! I'll Get With Tim Tomorrow I Did Not Know He was Doing This:doh and I Will Post what's what about the Price and How It will work, I want to take this time to Thank everyone That Supports us,, Thank You All!!!and I Hope you all Have a Great Year off Fishing Thanks again Dwayne!! Tight Lines everyone!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts