Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up at 3:00 AM and headed to Destin for a weekend of fish huntin. All I have to say is that Saturday sucked. Did not see a fish or anyone even throw on a fish to the west of the pass.

However Sunday was great. We pulled out of the pass and I got in the tower while we were trying to decide which direction to go and a pod of 15 to 20 fish popped up right in front of the boat. I hooked one and passed the rod down to a buddy who had never caught a ling before then looked over the side and about 8 fish were sitting on the bottom just chillin. Well I grabbed another rod and dropped the jig and immediately hooked up. Now I am thinking, damn not a fish yesterday and here we are 5 minutes into fishing and have a double on, THIS IS AWESOME. We landed both and continued the hunt without too much more excitement other than seeing a few fish that we never got legitimate shots on. I haven't downloaded my pics yet, but I will post them up. The big one went about 45 on a spring scale and the smaller about 28 to 30 lbs.

BTW we saw a lot of fish being caught and most all of the fishing boats were being very courteous of each other and there were not any problems. However there was one blue I/O bowrider pulling a big inflatable sled that ran right through the middle weaving in and out of the boats. He almost cut off a guy that had been fighting a nice fish for about twenty minutes. Do some people honestly have no clue? Why would some ass do that around all the boats while towing an inflatable 30 feet behind him.

Sorry about the rant, but the fishing was hot on Sunday and I was glad to be a part of it.

Maclin

·
Registered
141 Posts
We were outside the east bar about 11:00 and it seemed like everyone was seeing wads around that time. We found 5 and ended up catching 2 before we were stormed by other boats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We caught ours about 8:45. Did see you out there yesterday, we were in my buddy's yellow contender. He and I both commented on what a good looking boat you have.

Maclin

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its amazinghow a little paint on the motors changes the whole look of the boat! I appreciate it. I saw you guys in the contender, we fished there for a couple hours but there were so many boats we ended up running down west.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts