Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I was wondering, do you know of any reputable charter boats in the Destin area that produce a good amount of fish on any given trip? Preferrably deep sea fishing in late march or early april. I ask this because I want to bring some friends over to Destin and show them that the panhandle has something to offer other than the places they are familiar with(orlando,miami). Im thinking of bringing about 4 other buddies of mine from FSU, which will make 5 of us. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
New Florida Girl or the American Spirit or even Suzie Q -CaptWestbrook's creware the BEST in Destin!! The New FL Girl and the American Spirit are party boats - but the American Spirit isn't as packed as the New FL Girl. You will catch fish no matter which boat you choose to take. If you go the more $$$ route, acharteron the Bounty Hunter or Huntress for you and 5 friendswill probably get you bigger fish and go much farther out...BUT, If I were you, since you have FSU friends probably looking to havea good funtime as well ascatch fish, I'd go with the American Spirit or New FL Girl for sure.

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,168 Posts
For a good time with reasonable rates, go with Bill Williams on the "Miss Hazel", Stan Phillips on the "Sea Winder", or Jimmy Green on the "Suzy Q". :clap

Snapper season probably won't open until June 1. If you want to cobia fish, go with Jimmy Green on the Suzy Q. Cobia should be around in april.

If you want a really inexpensive ride on a head boat, go with the New Florida Girl or the American Spirit.:clap

Sea-r-cy

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
If you want to catch big fish... Sunrise with Kelly Wines or any of his other boats First Light, Daybreak, Summer Wind,and Twilight. Also Unreal with Capt. Harold Loefler. 12 hour trips these guys go about 70 miles off shore. I have been on many boats in my 37 years living here, and these are the consistant top producers. Just check the Destin fishing rodeo records and see how many of the biggest fish are caught on these boats.

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I know a guy that runs private charters over there and he has some really gooood spots. My dad and his reunion buddies go with him when they have there reunion in april. That catch a pretty good mess of fish of all types. If you are instrested give me a pm and ill give you his number.

·
Registered
422 Posts
No doubt Sunrise - Kelly Winds the best there is, Book now if you can, He is not a last minute boat, Always booked up to a year ahead

·
Registered
516 Posts
I fished with Mark Threasher(sp?) a few years ago. We caught some of the biggest scamps I have ever seen.Also hooked the biggest grouper I ever hooked on that same trip. It was the hardest pull on a rod that I ever felt. Best 15hr trip Ive been on!!! Jacks, grouper, scamps, trigger we caught everything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts