Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking as bout trailering the boat to Destin tomorrow for snappers. Any suggestions on best boat ramp??
It’s my first time fishing Destin. Any advise is welcome!!!

·
C-Hawk 245 Pilot House
5,147 Posts
Joe's Bayou boat ramp in Destin. I put in at Lion's park in Niceville. Don't like the crazy Destin traffic.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Where ya trailering from? Sorry if your location is on your profile it ain't showing up on my tablet, but if anywhere west of Ft. Walton, ya might want to ry Liza Jackson Park.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Gameaholic, I didn't know there was a ramp that close to the Brooks Bridge. Looks like it would be great for jet skis and maybe smaller boats. How is it for larger boats, like 22' and larger?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where ya trailering from? Sorry if your location is on your profile it ain't showing up on my tablet, but if anywhere west of Ft. Walton, ya might want to ry Liza Jackson Park.
I’ll be coming from Gulf Breeze.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I’ll be coming from Gulf Breeze.
Liza Jackson is good if you get there early enough to beat the crowd - it get busy.
Marler Park is good, the only issue being boat wake - can't speak to sizing, but it is a wide ramp.
If you can get on a military installation, the Hurlburt Field marina is good - just a longer run to the pass.

·
Gig'em
408 Posts
Gameaholic, I didn't know there was a ramp that close to the Brooks Bridge. Looks like it would be great for jet skis and maybe smaller boats. How is it for larger boats, like 22' and larger?
I’ve launched my 24’ CC from there about two times. Didn’t care for it. Seemed a little confined, and the current was ripping through there sideways. I was concerned about others hitting me in the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
The ramp can definitely accommodate larger boats, but there are a ton of jet skis.....and there are some douche bags mixed in. Some of the ski users will do doughnuts and haul ass right there next to the launch, so putting in getting out is a challenge sometimes. It doesn't do any good saying anything to them, because most of the time its hot headed, young military dudes.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks very much for the input. We went to Joe’s Bayou. It’s was great. $20 for the day but ultimately a great experience. We limited out of grouper....couldn’t get a single keeper snapper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts