Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My initial plan today, was to head over to Navarre to try and get my hands on some Mahi. Accidentally slept through my alarm (which almost never happens) and ended up waking up a little late and leaving the house by 0630. Decided last minute to stay close to home. Bait was pretty easy to find, but all the cigs were too small except a few. Morning didn't yield much, other than a pretty nice 25.5" spanish.

Trolled out a couple miles and couldn't find anything. Headed back in about a mile out and see a few blackfin jump, but that was the length of their topwater excitement. Decide to troll parallel to the beach and see if I can target in on their zone. Ran into Foulhook out there and we exchanged about the sails we had caught the previous weekend and then got back to fishing. After about 10 minutes, I get hammered. Line starts stripping fast and once I slow it down, I can feel that tuna thump. We play the game of give and take, until it finally subsides and I get it in the yak. Very fun fish to catch. The Pelagic's have been an awesome quarry.

Rig back up and decide to head back to the beach so I can get the tuna cut up. On the way back in, I hook up back to back, with two nice kings. Decide not to re-rig after the second one and on the way in, I roll up on Foulhook battling a nice king himself. Great day to be on the water. Hope you all had just as much luck, if not more than I did. Except for bbarton13, sorry to hear about the GoPro, dude.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Great to meet you in person - and on the water too. Great job on the palegics, They must truely fear you now! Two firsts on two weekends! Awesome. And apparently bbarton13 was using the chum flavored GoPro.

·
Jaded Old Phart
6,671 Posts
Sweet!! Did you fish in the clean water or in the stuff coming out of the pass?

·
MVann126
124 Posts
Suweet BFT! Marine forecast is looking a bit sporty for offshore this weekend. Shoot me a message on FB whenever your planning on coming over.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suweet BFT! Marine forecast is looking a bit sporty for offshore this weekend. Shoot me a message on FB whenever your planning on coming over.
Thanks, dude. I was looking at that too. Not digging the intervals. Might have to pop some dremamine. Haha. I'll definitely be heading out Sunday. I'll message you though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts