Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15' mckee craft and want to update my depth finder and possibly add a gps what is a good DF or DF/GPS combo that won't break the bank. I mainly fish flats or back water and occasional passes but like to see whats around me and I am interested in the gps units that tells you what the depth of areas are.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
toro (7/3/2008) I have a 15' mckee craft and want to update my depth finder and possibly add a gps what is a good DF or DF/GPS combo that won't break the bank. I mainly fish flats or back water and occasional passes but like to see whats around me and I am interested in the gps units that tells you what the depth of areas are.

I have a Garmin 440s (GPS/FF combo) on my flats boat. Works just fine for me. Sure, a bigger screen would be nice, but for the extra expense and space taken up, it's really not worth it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have a Lowrance 527df/igps model on my 16 ft. The screen is just right so when you go split gps/sonar you can see stuff. It costs around 700.00 from Coastal Marine electronics. You can get the navigation chip that shows you bottom contours too for about 100.00.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts