Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:usaflagWell to begin with, I love the gulf coast. I was born and raised in Louisiana and have moved to Arkansas in the past few years. We still make our annual pilgrimage to the gulf coast. First off, we will be coming this year as well. We have reservations, we have at least 8 of the 10 that were planning to come, still coming, and the others I just have not talked to. It may not be lounging on the beach the whole time, it may be helping clean up, but that is fine too. The depression comes from all of the blame sharing and the wildlife and the real people actually end up suffering while nothing is being done. I am sick and tired of who is going to pay for this mess, jsut start cleaning it up already. We (the government) does not pay for anything right now anyway, they just pass it along like all the things before. We are paying and going to be paying for all kinds of stupid crap that we don't need, this clean up we need!

Our crew may not spend a fortune, but we will be there spending and hoping to have a great time anyway.

Now the impressed part: You and the gulf coast folks. There may be alot of hurry up and wait, but I don't see it. I see a community and communities not waiting for the wonderful government to come save you. You are out there organizing, cleaning and giving BP and the government ideas that will work. I don't know if things will be the worst in the history of the area, or if this is the beginning of a recovery of the country. Yes I said it. we are so into ourselves, that as a community to come together the way i see you doing, it is inspiring to others. Yes the oil will probably still come and may or may not be as bad or worse than expected, but for now, beaches have been cleaned, people sticking together and all around getting back to old school getting the job done.

Cheers from a landlocked gulf lover

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree completely with the last part of your post. Sometimes it takes something like this (dont get the wrong impression becausei hate it as much as the next guy) to wake people up and make them join together to get something done. After Katrina we didnt have any chance to mope about how the hurricane had taken everything we owned, we just got to work and started rebuilding, and that made me appreciate whatI had a whole lot more.I think that this is a terrible disaster that could have been prevented, but if people get together and are willing to work there is plenty of opportunity for jobs that otherwise wouldnt have been available, and hopefully the cleanup will get done quickly. While it did devistate people such as charter boat captains and commercial fisherman it opened up other opportunities for them. I am in no way saying I am happy about it. I have been waking up doing my daily routine with a pissed off/why me attitude, but it's about time I realize that it gets me nowhere and that I can be part of helping rebuild the gulf coast. Great post! :usaflag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts