Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i admit as a land locked gulf lover I have to rely on the idiots on the tv to get what is going on then come here to get the truth. Since the oil was supposed to hit the coast last weekend, now has been put off till this weekend at least ( I can not actually see when they are predicting it to hit now). Is this helping or hurting. I know that the media coverage has all but stopped around here, but it is staying offshore best I can tell. I know this gives more time to prepare, but has it also nullified some of the preparations that have been done? What are you all hearing and feeling?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the real answer is, "Only time will tell". BP has been lucky that the weather is now helping versus hindering them. Their bombardment of the surface oil with "dispersant" has kept what the eye can see at bay. I believe they may be dancing with the devil so far as what they have sent to the bottom in the way of crude/dispersant sludge. Who knows what will come of that.

It'll show up as tar balls and cow patty like lumps on someones beach somewhere some day.

What will it do to the micro organisms that start the food chain in the gulf? They do not claim to know, or are not saying.

What I really do not get is that I would get a fine if I spray one drop of dawn/water on a fuel "burp" that makes a sheen at the dock and BP can dump hundreds of thousands of gallons of "dispersant" i.e. soap/surfactant and have the rear admiral of the USCG call it a "novel" idea.

The booms aren't hurting a thing. Should, god forbid, someone else have a spill anytime soon, they'll be there to catch it.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
Capt, couldn't agree more with what you said, had the same conversation tonight. THE SLICK IS SMALLER, Yep, for now!

Skip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts