Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at making our annual pilgrimage down to Delacroix this fall and was curious if any PFF members knew of any lodging options other than Sweetwater Marina? I have stayed there in the past and was satisfied, just looking to see what else might be out there.

Thanks-

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Only place I have stayed was sweetwater. Great people there we had a alternater go out in the truck on the way down on a Friday afternoon. Guy towed us 15 miles to sweet water we checked in asked the owner about a parts store and told him our issue. He told us to unhook from the boat and go fishing and when we got back he would have the truck fixed. He let us use his truck to put the boat in the waterand We did just as he told us to do and came back and the truck was fixed and he charged us for what the alternator cost and told us to have a great few days fishing. Sorry my little story is no help but we will for now on only stay there

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are in fact great people! We have had some very good experiences with them. Partially why I am asking is because our group seems to be growing every year and I always see those fish camps on the way down and wonder if they are open to rent?

FYI, I learned the hard way real quick the first year to make sure you have EVERYTHING you could possibly need with you. There is literally nothing down there.

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
We stay at Delacroix Lodge... it's essential a single room bunkhouse, with 4 bunks, a kitchenette, tv, and shower/toilet... they are perfect for 4 guys (5 if one sleeps on the floor) going to fish and drink beer. We plan on being there the 2nd week of October.

Last year it was 125ish a night. It's about a mile before the ramp. We always have a great time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,779 Posts
Forgot to add, they come with a slip as well if you want to leave your boat in the water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the options, gentlemen. I will look into theses. We just need a space to grill and drink beer after fishing. Obviously a place to park multiple boats as well.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
We launched at Delacroix lodge last year on our Anika duck hunt, didn’t stay there but the guy that runs it is a nice, we talked to him for a while and everyone staying there was having a good time. We may stay there this year if we go back instead of the islands

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts