Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I implemented a trophy management program on my land 10 years ago. In two tracts,4 of ushunt just over 2000 acres, with another 2000 in between that nobody hunts. The other landowner and myself do all of the hard work as far as flood plots(year round), supplemental protien feeding, and scouting (year round). We love to see people harvest nice bucks. However, it kinda sucks because now I live in Florida (work) and he works all the time at the law firm (his senior partner died in a plane crash last spring). Anyway a couple of nice bucks have been harvested on the tract this year. One out of a stand that I hung and planned to hunt. I saw a 140 class buck twice this year but couldnt get a shot, I guess I got my chance. Anyway, I figured yall would liek to see a few of the deer. Kinda mad about the last one it needed another year.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Thats what it's all about. With the proper management and understanding between fellow hunters, trophy bucks can be taken with some degree of regularity. Nice job, you'll get your shot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Anyone else having problems viewing these pics? Sure would like to see some quality buck from a good managment program.:)

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now they are working...? AWESOME job man. Those are some great bucks. This is what deer can become if they get to grow up. :bowdown

Where abouts is are they from AL or FL? I wouldn't guess FL though.

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
soalsrfr (12/18/2007)Anyone else having problems viewing these pics? Sure would like to see some quality buck from a good managment program.:)

Thanks.
If not using IE try that. As far as the deer, you have reeped from all your hard work.:clap:clap:clap

·
Super Moderator
28,173 Posts
Beautiful bruisers!!! Great job of management!!!

Try the picture processor next time to load the pics....2 mountains w/ a sun in a small box at the top of your message box...makes the post look better like this just make sure to hit enter ( move curser to the far left after each pic ) fer some reason it wold not load 2 of the pics

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Jason (12/18/2007)Beautiful bruisers!!! Great job of management!!!

Try the picture processor next time to load the pics....2 mountains w/ a sun in a small box at the top of your message box...makes the post look better like this just make sure to hit enter ( move curser to the far left after each pic ) fer some reason it wold not load 2 of the pics
Jason, I guess you still have that brain fart....:poke:poke:poke

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allof the deer came from Johnson County, GA about an hour northeast of Macon.Daffins is in Columbus my buddy drove him back there afterthe hunt. I am from Columbus originally and grew up hunting in Harris County.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Very nice and congrats on the hard work paying off. Wish I could afford to buy some land hell hope I can afford to pay my power bill this month:banghead

·
Registered
99 Posts
Exactly, its not just "oh let deer grow" its $$$$$$$$$$$ if all of the people had that amount of land and $$ and time we all could be puttin those type of pics up. Sorry just a little jealous cause me my brother and dad bust our asses on our 100 acres and we don't get results. Anyways congrats to you. i just see those deer in my dreams

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Deer management programs take a large continuous tract of land or the agreement of several adjoining landowners. Managing 100 acres is worthwhile but not promising. The area isn't large enough for a several bucks to have core areas. We have a couple hundred acres within our tracts that we don't hunt in order to give the deer a safety zone. It really cuts down on pressure. In order to get the deer using your tract more will require year round food plots as well as additional browse they cant find on other tracts (apple trees, persimmon, honeysuckle, etc.) Tecomate makes several great summer plots, some of which will grow well in FL soil types. You must get soil samples on your plots or you will waste a lot of money.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Teamdilligaf. Looks like yall shoot just about any buck that walks based off of your gallery. Thats one reason you dont see many big bucks. Hunting is all about having fun, so if those deer make you happy, by all means keep up the good work. If you want a couple of wall hangers let those young deer walk and talk your club members into it as well. I know the mentality that someone else will shoot it. That might happen but its worth the effort if your track of land is large enough to support a management program. We dont kill deer like this every year. Lots of acorns this year and a long rut helped. Last year we killed two off of 2500 acres and the year before 1. So it about patience.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts