Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had 160lb live weight deer made into sausage from Hawthornes Smoke House. It's some of the best sausage I've ever had. I will not eat it all so figured I'd offer it up. I had baby hot links and fresh links which is like bratwurst and its amazing. It will be $80, the meat is free you will be paying for the processing since selling wild game is illegal. You will get half the sausage and I'll throw in some backstrap cube steaks and ground meat as well. You will get well worth the $80 worth of meat. If interested shoot me a PM. I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow and will have it at the house after lunch. First I'll Take It gets it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
where is haw thornes, I drive 50 miles to Carls in robertsdale from milton... good deal for someone . :thumbup: I will trade some Carls just to try Hawthornes & i think Carls has the the best but never had Hawthornes, have u tried Carls Smoke Link?

·
Super Moderator
21,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Kinston, Al. Long drive and not cheap but the best sausage I've ever had. Think it takes me a lite over an hr from Holt.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
pm sent

·
Super Moderator
21,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Might be. I know there is a couple processors there.

Smokehouse Steve Hawthorne 1230 Co Rd 20, Kinston, AL 36453 334-565-3954

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Yup thats the one I was refering too. I haven't been there in years but have planned on it this year if I ever shoot a deer!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
if anyone else is trying to get rid of some sausage let me know. I like it in links rather than patties, baby or regular links..... last I had from around here was from the Oaks meat mkt. Havent hunted in a while and was going to get out this year until I broke my leg and have been laid up almost 3 months now.
Erik

·
Registered
549 Posts
Chase, it was my pleasure brother. Are the baby links fully cooked? I have some thawing out now for breakfast. Keep me in mind if you get any more. Again, it was great to finally meet.

·
Super Moderator
21,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The baby links are fully cooked/smoked, just throw them in a skillet or grill to warm up. The fresh links are raw, they need to be cooked like a bratwurst.

·
Registered
5,685 Posts
you got any left? i need a few lbs.
jack

1 - 20 of 30 Posts