Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took some deer up to Robertsdale Al. the other day for some friends and just to let everyone know this is what needs to be done.

1. Cooler with two handles

2. Name on cooler

3. Deer needs to be iced down

4. Deer must be clean( one guy brought in one and it was nasty ) and they told him it needsto be cleaner

5. No frozen deer

6. Do not drain cooler on sidewalk ( Just a little common sense )

7. Will take 10 to 12 days for processing

Don't get me wrong they were very nice and helped in any way possible. We had some done there last year and it turned out very good. Just a few rules that they want you to abide by that's all.

Good luck to everyone that is hunting this year .

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was mostly for the new people . The people who hunt all the time know what to do with there meat. After I saw the person that brought in that deer I just thought it would be a good idea to let some of the newcomers know .

·
Registered
439 Posts
Good post, it is going to be helpful to alot of people that are new to hunting and processing. I to went there last yr and mine was also frozen, but I waited until May to get mine done.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
There is a new processor somewhere in Robertsdale. We have a flyer from them at work. If I remember , I'll post it tomorrow.

·
Registered
782 Posts
be careful, you can't trust every processor to give you your own meat off your deer. i have not heard anything about the folks in robertsdale. i do know there are people in town that have no problem giving you someone elses 10 year old, baked 2 days in the sun, knock the buzzards off and take to the processor deer in place of your own. they usally call that sausage:nonono

new folks beware!

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Geronimo (11/21/2007)There is a new processor somewhere in Robertsdale. We have a flyer from them at work. If I remember , I'll post it tomorrow.
Here it is: Carl's Premium Venison Processing --- 1.2 miles south of I-10 on Hwy 59, Phone # is {251} 960-1818.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
whipper snapper (11/21/2007)be careful, you can't trust every processor to give you your own meat off your deer. i have not heard anything about the folks in robertsdale. i do know there are people in town that have no problem giving you someone elses 10 year old, baked 2 days in the sun, knock the buzzards off and take to the processor deer in place of your own. they usally call that sausage:nonono

new folks beware!
I've watched some processors and this is deffenently the case. Even the ones that are good about getting yours back, there will still be left overs from the guy's before and after. Bascially, they don't process one deer at a time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts