Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New to the forum and I really like it. Lots of good info on here.

Anyway, my question is, does anyone have a good recipe for cooking deer meat in a crock pot? I remeber a thread I saw on here where there was some recipes, but I can not find it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Take any roast (i use the back leg roast) put it in then add 1 cup of lemon juice, 3/4 cup of white viniger, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire, Sweet BabyRays BBQ sauceand 1/4 cup of Johnny's Au Jus Sauce concentrate. The Johnny's can be found at Publix in the condements section. If you like spicy add 1 small bottle of hot sauce. Cook on low until it is falling apart for me thats 6 to 8hours.

After cooking take meat out and put it into a large bowl.Add3/4 cup of the juice it cooked in to the meet and 1 normal sized bottle of BBQ sauce. Shred with some forks and put it on a bun. I buy all the stuff in bulk b/c it lasts 4 or 5 times of making this.It averages out to about $4 in sauces per meal.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Bullshark (3/16/2010)Take any roast (i use the back leg roast) put it in then add 1 cup of lemon juice, 3/4 cup of white viniger, 1/4 cup of Worcestershire, Sweet BabyRays BBQ sauceand 1/4 cup of Johnny's Au Jus Sauce concentrate. The Johnny's can be found at Publix in the condements section. If you like spicy add 1 small bottle of hot sauce. Cook on low until it is falling apart for me thats 6 to 8hours.

After cooking take meat out and put it into a large bowl.Add3/4 cup of the juice it cooked in to the meet and 1 normal sized bottle of BBQ sauce. Shred with some forks and put it on a bun. I buy all the stuff in bulk b/c it lasts 4 or 5 times of making this.It averages out to about $4 in sauces per meal.
+1 i havent used that exact recipe but i love making "pulled venison sandwiches"... very good!! and my neighbor keeps me stocked up with homemade BBQ sauce too!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts