Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've never been an internal organ type of eater (boy that sounds a little off). We'll the last deerI killed, I wanted to investigate my shot placement further so I ripped everything out of the chest cavity.I remembered the last heart I pulled out and cut open looked like a purty good piece of meat. So this heart, I cut the top valves off and started slicing thin strips out of it. The meat is dark and beautiful and looked better then filet mignon!!! I sliced the heart really thing then soaked it in my jerky marinate. It was good and tender!!! All the folks liked it, but a few couldn't grasp in their head they were eating a heart. I read online a site talked about cutting the top out of the heart and stuffing it w/ bread crumbs, then wrapping it in bacon and grilling it!!! Sounds like my next venture, and you can bet from now on I will be taking the heart out of each deerI or my friends kill!!! Sooooooo next time you get a chance, take the heart out and check it out!!!:letsdrink

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
Mmmmmmmmmm, organ meat.

If done right, there's very little on most animals that cannot be eaten or made to taste great.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Splittine (2/15/2010)That jerky you brought me was from a backstrap or something right? Right? Right?:sick:sick:sick
LOL!!! You ate an organ! :poke I tried it one time, but it was a little too much like liver to me.

·
Super Moderator
19,822 Posts
imkilroy (2/15/2010)
Splittine (2/15/2010)That jerky you brought me was from a backstrap or something right? Right? Right?:sick:sick:sick
LOL!!! You ate an organ! :poke I tried it one time, but it was a little too much like liver to me.
Well If I did thank goodness it wasnt an externalorgan.

·
Super Moderator
28,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chase, you'll never know?????:poke:letsdrink Nah, unfortunately I couldn't save any heart fer ya, got ate up! Make sure ifin you kill any...putthe heartin a bag and and save it fer me....momma will like having a heart in the fridge:letsdrink

Ken, I'm w/ you on eating livers....just like eating gizzards:sick can't stand em but the heart is not gritty so I'll keep munching.

It was purty cool sinceI sliced them so it showed the chambers of the heart:letsdrink :letsdrink

·
Registered
12,854 Posts
While I was on a hog hunt this year I was dragging a boar to the road and another hunter and his wife (also a hunter) stopped to chat. I needed help cleaning the hog so they volunteered to show me the ropes. As directed, I started with the nuts and sliced them off. I started to throw them to the side and got a huge scowl from the woman. She said if I didn't want them, could she have em. Told me there was nothing better than thin sliced hog nuts fried in hot grease. Yes ma-am. You can have all the nuts off of anything I kill. I put them jokers in a baggie and she left with a huge smile on her face. Oh, and she was serious. She really does eat them. All I can say is....NOT GONNA HAPPEN WITH THIS MOUTH!

·
Super Moderator
19,822 Posts
jspooney (2/15/2010)While I was on a hog hunt this year I was dragging a boar to the road and another hunter and his wife (also a hunter) stopped to chat. I needed help cleaning the hog so they volunteered to show me the ropes. As directed, I started with the nuts and sliced them off. I started to throw them to the side and got a huge scowl from the woman. She said if I didn't want them, could she have em. Told me there was nothing better than thin sliced hog nuts fried in hot grease. Yes ma-am. You can have all the nuts off of anything I kill. I put them jokers in a baggie and she left with a huge smile on her face. Oh, and she was serious. She really does eat them. All I can say is....NOT GONNA HAPPEN WITH THIS MOUTH!
Thats funny, I agree any nuts I put in my mouth wasnt attatched to a pecker and came off a tree or the ground.

·
twiceRetired Serve No One
4,331 Posts
all the ones i shoot have big holes in them so i never tried one myself! :moon

however like the man said , if it ant external organs your eatin , I see no problem with that !I grew up poor , boiled cows tongue was one of the best thing i remember eating.</DIV></DIV>wonder about the tongue ?</DIV>

·
Your mom's a
6,790 Posts
HisName (2/15/2010)all the ones i shoot have big holes in them so i never tried one myself! :moon

however like the man said , if it ant external organs your eatin , I see no problem with that !I grew up poor , boiled cows tongue was one of the best thing i remember eating.</DIV></DIV>wonder about the tongue ?</DIV>

Cow tongue tacos are the best.

·
Registered
109 Posts
you people are sick!...hearts, tongues, liver, balls....good lord. I swear you people must be starving. Whats wrong with backstrap,hind quarter, cube steak, etc???

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
The heart goes on the grill the night you kill the deer. Everything else goes to the processer. ( 'cept maybe the rest of the guts! That becomes coyote bait.)

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
itsme (2/15/2010)you people are sick!...hearts, tongues, liver, balls....good lord. I swear you people must be starving. Whats wrong with backstrap,hind quarter, cube steak, etc???
you obviously havent ever had deer heart or liver cause youd be singing a different tune. put that heart and liver in a pan of water and let it sit over night. slice it up and sautee with some onions and peppers and i promise you wont ever have that comment again. specially if you put some provolone cheese on it and slap it on some french bread. oooooo son!!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Splittine (2/15/2010)
jspooney (2/15/2010)While I was on a hog hunt this year I was dragging a boar to the road and another hunter and his wife (also a hunter) stopped to chat. I needed help cleaning the hog so they volunteered to show me the ropes. As directed, I started with the nuts and sliced them off. I started to throw them to the side and got a huge scowl from the woman. She said if I didn't want them, could she have em. Told me there was nothing better than thin sliced hog nuts fried in hot grease. Yes ma-am. You can have all the nuts off of anything I kill. I put them jokers in a baggie and she left with a huge smile on her face. Oh, and she was serious. She really does eat them. All I can say is....NOT GONNA HAPPEN WITH THIS MOUTH!
Thats funny, I agree any nuts I put in my mouth wasnt attatched to a pecker and came off a tree or the ground.
what about from a wall, walnuts..

what about from a chest, chestnuts..

what about the nuts on your chin..... my nuts!!!:poke

just messin with you bud, kill a deer and bring the liver to my house and ill cook you a dinner you wont soon forget

·
Registered
231 Posts
Organ meat is high in vitamin K, so be careful about giving to people with clotting problems without telling them. people on blood thinners have to be careful about the K vit. It is the one that aids clotting. But if you don't have that problem enjoy it . Btw hog nuts are mountain oysters

1 - 20 of 22 Posts