Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Bubba" posted in the Off Topic forum about a doe head on hwy 90 that someone threw out. I just wanted to say something here so the ones affected the most (Hunters) might read it. This really needs to stop. I know some kids might think it's funny to do this and make people squeamish, but it can't help the perception of us. Tell anyone you know to try and discard of any carcasses properly. However that may be. If it's dumped,( burying is best) do it out somewhere the traffic is light or put it in the woods somewhere. It won't last long in the woods between the coyotes and buzzards. Heck them big blue or green trash cans work great too. We really don't need any help looking bad to the non-hunting public so tell anybody you know that hunts to just stop and think about it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
THANKS COLLARD!!!!!

I was actually coming on the forum to post a thread about this. I saw that deer head on the Escambia bridge. I thought to myself:"that moron is making all of us hunters look bad." What is it? Lazyness? I sure hope he didn't throw the rest of the carcass from the bridge and into the river. That could hurt someone.

How hard is it to find a proper place to dispose of carcasses? Once the season opens up, piles of them start popping up everywhere on sides of roads. This has to stop! This is not the first image that a non-hunter needs to see from us. This is not what hunting is about. This is only providing more ammunition for the anti-hunting community. Even non-hunters that have nothing against hunting could develop hard feelings against it.

Opening weekend, I killed a doe. I found a hole in the woods (about a mile from any road) from a fallen tree. I left the carcass in there, and there was nothing left only 3 days later!

So, really, how hard is it?

Many of those guys that do this kind of stuff will then bitch when new regulations against hunters are put in place. Well, I feel that they have contributed indirectly to it.

So please guys, think about it, and tell people about it.

Thanks,

Chris.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
If your hunting in Blackwater they have a dump station for deer carcasses behind the DOF building at Hwy 4 and Munson Hwy. and one at Karick Lake off of 189 north of Baker. Please use these facilities.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Some people just dont think!!!! I'm not going to go into what all I've seen as far as wasteful carcasses dumped on the side of the roads by idiots but like I said some people just dont think!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts