Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Big Buck while out scouting in BMA a little while back, looked to been at least a 10pt.
So I put a Spypoint cam out hoping it wasn't a fluke him being in that particular area.
Anyway, I've not got pics of him yet, but this Big Azz 6 point likes to pose for the camera.
I've got him several times in as many days, so this area is his stomping grounds.
Thinking maybe the 10pt was just out stretching his legs?
I'll leave the cam there a few more days and move it elsewhere, or deploy another cam a little
further away?
Also saw several rubs and a couple short scrapes. Don't want to shoot the 6pt, he's a
young deer and he'll surely be a Bigger boy next season, if he makes it.

Plant Black Natural landscape Organism Tree

· US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's a couple more pics, they're using that trail fairly heavy, but no sign of the original 10 that got my interest in this area.
The 6pt (pic 4) must be either a brother to or from the same bloodline. Same crab-claw horns, a bit smaller and a lesser spread. And a new passer-by, an 8pt. He's a small 8 but descent for a 1st deer.
I'm going to take my daughter there and let her try her luck on that 8 or the 6pt whichever comes by for her 1st.
But hopefully, that Big one that caught my attention comes by that day.

Got the does coming and passing by, it's definitely a travel corridor. I'll need to scout that area a bit more and find their bedding area. Not sure if it's a corridor to and from 2 separate bedding areas, or to a feeding area? No private property nearby, so leaning on bedding areas.

1st pic is the spypoint camera. Hard to see, but them deer seem to see it often.

Plant Tree Motor vehicle Terrestrial plant Groundcover
Plant Tree Natural landscape Terrestrial plant Wood
Plant Tree Natural environment Natural landscape Wood
Plant White Vertebrate Black Branch

Plant Black Black-and-white Font Tree
Plant Nature Black Biome Tree

Attachments

· US ARMY 2d ID VETERAN
4,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang skippy, that's a nice buck. If he stays nocturnal, He won't be during the rut. Might be the only time to get him.
I'd love to get a big buck in full velvet. But I never see any in full velvet even in early archery.

· Bearded Brotula
17,292 Posts
1 - 20 of 65 Posts