Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are just not coming to these peas. Cameras out but very few showing up. I wonder if there is just too much for them to eat right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
They may be overwhelmed with food. I had a patch of less than an acre that was not touched all summer and about mid-to late September it was wiped out. This was about a year or so back.

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
Dang! Cow peas? Got me wanting to go check mine. May detour by there on the way home, unless we get back Sunday!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
28,501 Posts
I've gotta plant something. Now that I have a tiller it'll be alot easier. I have tons of nannies on camera so they would prob destroy a plot....

Reactions: 69Viking

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
I've gotta plant something. Now that I have a tiller it'll be alot easier. I have tons of nannies on camera so they would prob destroy a plot....
Your place has always been the Nanny magnet, you would think come rut time the Bucks would be invading your place chasing those Nannies!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I see what the problem is. You have”pea patch kid”. I don’t know of anything you can spray for that but there is a procedure you can undergo.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think I see what the problem is. You have”pea patch kid”. I don’t know of anything you can spray for that but there is a procedure you can undergo.

Grandson.....Thank Goodness.

If I had any still at home I would shoot myself, not the deer.

·
219 Posts
When the bushes start making peas look out they won’t last long. Next time they will disappear as soon as the pop out of the ground. That’s my experience any way. Is this the first time you planted them in that plot?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Getting all of our pictures on mineral licks right now, but that's in AL. There is a bunch of stuff for them to choose from right now out there.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Have to agree, lots of rain this summer and lots of green in the woods as well as a bumper wild cherries, per Simmons, plums, crab apples, muscadine... Have you seen the acorn trees? It is going to rain acorns this season!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
First time I planted Clay Peas in a 1 acre plot in Cantonment years ago, they looked like that through September. Then we had a frost one night in early October, and the next day they looked like dead matchsticks sticking outta the ground. They demolished the whole plot in one night. I've heard the cold makes the leaves taste sweeter.

Deer in Alabama are hitting our plots hard right now, but all the neighboring property is planted in peanuts, soybeans and corn, so I imagine their going to switch their attention to those crops soon.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
They are just not coming to these peas.
Be thankful they're leaving 'em alone long enough for them to grow. They will devour them soon enough.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It's very apparent that all the rain and summer plots we planted are paying off. Better racks on the bucks than I've seen in years.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't worry! As soon as they are finished eating all my scuppernongs and muscadines they will head that way. They have a way of knowing when I think they are almost ready.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts