Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law set up the rig when it was new, the discovery channel had a show about him and the rig when it was set up, he is a super big cheese in the oil industry.......he took these pics as it was going down......they are amazing.....enjoy!..............P.S.It will cost approximatly $1 billion to clean up and BP has taken a $ 26 billion dollar loss in stock price......this does not include litigation.......I will fly back over it on Saturday and take some more pics.......no it is not capped as lobsterman keeps telling everyone, it still has at least 3 leaks.......when I flew over it lastweek it looked baaaad.........

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
<span style="font-family: Comic Sans MS;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">Wow That is BAAAAAD! Thank's for the pic! :crying

·
Registered
775 Posts
That kinda goes into a category of awesome pics and terror...kinda the same way I feel looking at a pic of a hurricane with the perfect eye from above. Dang sure some incredible pics!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have about 20 more pics they are amazing and dramatic......some show the workers all bobbing around in the water after they jumped off the deck.......transocean has a couple small subs and rov's (remote operated vehicles) on scene trying tocover the holes .......they are streaming video back from the rov's and said they might be able to stream it back to me........they don't know how much oil is coming out at this time, they are just guessing based on sat images......

·
Registered
743 Posts
I used to operate one of the ROV vessels currently on scene, and they have not given me any feedback as of the last 10 minutes. The ROV that we utilized always streamed live video, but usually the client was pretty fussy about giving out the link to view it. Who is your brother in law?

·
Registered
339 Posts
HOLY CRAP.....I can't imagine what the heat felt like fro those fire boats, I read where the FLAMES were reaching 400 ft in the air and could be seen for 25 miles. Those are awesome yet horrific pics, this is going to be a very, very, very bad diaster one that will take years to clean up

·
Registered
34 Posts
thats not good,,,,, the place we all love is gonna change , it will probably become a super fund site like the rest of p cola. i think im gonna be sick.:crying:reallycrying

1 - 12 of 12 Posts