Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 29 foot Twin Engine Boat, I like to do deep sea fishing (both trolling and bottom fishing), I joined fishing charters before, I need tips and advice from experts. I have all waypoints entered in my GPS. I have Penn Rods, not sure about what type of Lure or bait to use.

·
Registered
246 Posts
For bottom fishing, live bait is basically always best (whether it's pinfish, cigar minnows, sardines, etc) - though frozen squid and frozen cigar minnows do well for the cost and are what you always find on the major head/multiangler charters. Depending on the depth, I'd say from 4oz <100' to 8oz <150' should be plenty of lead for most applications - adding weight as you add depth accordingly; and regulations require in-line circle hooks these days. I'd recommend 5/0-8/0 as a general range depending on how big of fish you're finding.

Trolling depends wildly on the species, and I'll let others elaborate on that; but I know many around here use deep diving Rapalas or Mann's Stretches for kings around the area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The info you posted is very helpful for a beginner like me.

Thanks hxchip
I need to visit Bass pro shop to get an idea about "deep diving Rapalas or Mann's Stretches" as well as 5/0-8/0 Hooks.
Thanks for the time you took to reply

·
Super Moderator
19,675 Posts
3 Easy Steps
1. Search for Capt Delynn and read his reports
2. Call Capt Delynn and book him to run your boat
3. Post a report on here of the monsters yall catch

1 trip with Delynn or any other guide like him and you will learn more info that you could ever imagine. More than you could learn in a summer trial and error.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks hxchip
I need to visit Bass pro shop to get an idea about "deep diving Rapalas or Mann's Stretches" as well as 5/0-8/0 Hooks.
Thanks for the time you took to reply
Don't bother with Bass Pro Shop, go down to J&M and Sam's on Canal Road and get those guys to help you. There is a member on the forum that goes by Chris V that gives excellent advice and great reports.

Chris V's Posts

·
Squid technician
10,484 Posts
Feel free to stop by our shop and ask as many questions as you want. My schedule is in my signature below but even if I'm not here, Mark or Mike will be.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will definitely do,
I ve been in your store many time before
My boat is in Sportsman Marina Orange beach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts