Pensacola Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine said some told him that deep fried sand fleas were tasty. Sounds like some Anthony Bourdain crap to me, but I've always said don't knock it 'til you try it. So, anybody ever heard of this or had any themselves?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I believe Badazzchef has a recipe andprepared some for fellow Pffer's last [email protected] Hot Spots Bait & Tackle...If he does this again this year I'll be sure to give them a try...

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Ive tried them and I didnt think they were that good. They are not awful but I wouldnt eat them again. However, I know some people who enjoy eating them

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Be careful, I can see it now 1 inch minimum24 limit per person on Florida Sand fleas closed season April 1st - June 30th. This regulation is being put into place because of over eating.:banghead:banghead:doh

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
sealark (3/29/2010)Be careful, I can see it now 1 inch minimum24 limit per person on Florida Sand fleas closed season April 1st - June 30th. This regulation is being put into place because of over eating.:banghead:banghead:doh

ROFL, I think you might be right. Or worse they could end up on the endangered species list and no one will be able to walk along the water for fear of crushing the rare sand flea.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Bizzare foods guy ate some on the show. He called them something else. They got them right out of the sand and fried them up.

·
Squid technician
10,498 Posts
I don't see myself in the future saying "Man, I'm hungry", driving to the beach and raking up fleas to eat. I have no doubt they are good to some but I'll stick to whatever it is I normally eat.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If it's deep fried, is it going to taste something like soft shell crab? ...because I like soft shelled crab. I like to try food from different cultures, but I'm not sure about this one.

·
Registered
117 Posts
tunapopper (3/29/2010)I don't see myself in the future saying "Man, I'm hungry", driving to the beach and raking up fleas to eat. I have no doubt they are good to some but I'll stick to whatever it is I normally eat.
+2....I doubt I could get past the thought of it being a sandflea. Maybe on "Survivor"....ha

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
We did indeed fry some up at Hot Spots and they were awesome. We had them alive and marinated them in fresh coconut milk and lime bud light beer...fried em up nice and they tasted like sofshell and buttered popcorn. I enjoyed them alot. We will do some on April 17th at Jim t's

1 - 20 of 29 Posts