Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day started out very cold in the morning around 5:00am when we met up with high hopes for a nice weather window. Got served some great biscuits with eggs and sausage and after that we were off. Left out of sherman cove around 6:00am made the corner and the sea was very nice 1-2's almost all the way 60 miles.Got to our first stop and found what we were looking for Amberjacks ,did that for about 2Hours boated 4 all around 32-35 inches no real big ones but they were all over. Left the spot to go try out some new areas and to try to continue to catch the longtail bass we all adoreso much . Got to the deep rock around 800foot and first drop down i got hooked into the first snowy of the day a #43 shortly after that cliff got his #32 and Rob got his #20 we picked away for a while getting a few here and there, but had to keep moving due to the green eyed sharks {they were everywhere today} We found another spot on the way to one ,and made a drop with our new secret way to catch longtails and it worked one after another they came up 2 at a time We thought SUCESS after boating 9 very nice longtails and finishing up with the last grouper of the day it was time to head to the barn. Today was a great day to be on the water after 8;00am it warmed up great the water temp out there was 62 degrees and the wind stayed under 10knots all day. But want to say thanks to all the crew today we were a well oiled machine today.There is video of today and will edit it in after it finishes loading.

TIM

Now that's what I call a nice bunch of longtails

·
Praedator
10,001 Posts
Sounds like a great day. At least someone is getting out during the short weather window that we had. I think my boat is going through withdrawls just as much as I am. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Well played sir....well played indeed by all!

Look forward to the video andwhile I watched the Daytona 500 preparing a Valentine dinner for my best friend and wife,my mind was wanderingsomewheresouth of the pass.

Thanks for the report Tim and look forward to the video...

Jimmy

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I walked the NAS seawall Sat, came home and checked the weather, and declared Sunday a fishing day!!!!

Then my boys quickly reminded me that Sunday was flag football day, and I neededto quit :reallycrying, and wait a few more weeks!!!!! :banghead I love my boys!!!!

I haven't looked at the video's yet, but I'm sure they are something to be jealous of!!!

·
Neptune calls me "Daddy"
9,183 Posts
That's IT? That's the BEST you could do on a cold day in February?

I'm dissappointed...:reallycrying:reallycrying:reallycrying

GREAT JOB guy !!!:letsdrink:letsdrink:letsdrink

Jim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Man you guys tore them up like always. Congrats on the catch. Glad you guys got to get out. Do you know what it feels like to go out and catch nothing...like most the rest of us.

Phillip

·
Registered
549 Posts
It was a fun day for sure. Even though the sun was still up when we parked the boat at the house IAM TIRED. You know amber jacks are mean fish. It was great to be offshore with Rob,Cilff and Tim. And I think we have learn how tofind and catch longtails now. Gene

·
Registered
414 Posts
You guy's ROCK!!!! I really liked the report and video's, keep them coming!!!! :clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
59 Posts
You guys are the best...everytime ya'll go----- you max out(truly a well oiled fishing machine). sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

1 - 20 of 60 Posts