Pensacola Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to take the day off Friday and head up with my brother for a little early morning hunt.My brother and Igot set up on a crossfire stand we have over two draws that come together for a pretty sweet setup, and my cousin takes one about 1/2 mile down the ridge. At first light we have 5 or so Toms come in and have a little breakfast then about 8:00 or so a herd of Does come in ( I did not bother to count). We cannot shoot does in the zone I hunt so we just sit and enjoy the show. About 9:00 they leave and believe it or not 3 shooter bucks come in. 2 six points and a 5. I already have one buck so I dont want my season to end right now and defer the shot to my brother. He gets the shot of alifetime a two for one set-up. He shot a hairhigh and only got one of them. I kept my scope on theother tempted to death but did not shoot. Believe it or not the other two did not move 5 feet. They juststand there looking at the one on the ground. My brother reloads and takes aim at the larger of the two when all of the sudden another buck comes crashing through the woods and all of them head off down the ridgeline. No sooner did they go out ofsight did I hear the soundof another ML right behind me. Yup my cousin had gotten down from his stand hearing the shot and was coming to help load the deer when they damn near ran over him. He popped the other 6 and we all just stood there in amazement. Here are the pics from my cell phone.

No trophies but very respectable. The back straps were huge and the meat once ground was well over 75 lbs. Great morning but an uneventful weekend.The wind started blowing like crazy both Sat and Sun, so I guess it was a very good thing we bagged those early. Good hunting.

·
Super Moderator
28,369 Posts
Great harvest...keep slaying them.....:clap:clap:clap

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Nice report with pic's!!! thanks for sharing Mike...:toast

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
daddytime (10/23/2007)Nice report and kill(s). Your freezer is filling up quick. Keep us updated cuz:bowdown
Thanks, we are having a great year. I am going to be hunting a few new spots since I only have one left to take. Good news for me is my brother has a huge deep freeze and he keeps me supplied in jerky all year.:hungry If you guys get a chance try that TRAILS END 307 it really works.
It will run the does off, so dont use it bow hunting but when you want a buck, this stuff really works. Best part is that it works before and after the rut.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts